I need help picking a research topic for English class. We are allowed to research anything we want, It just needs to be reasonable... and I need something that has enough information on it to actually write a descent paper.

I was thinking something with music but I'm not sure how that would work out.

I'd rather do something Paranormal or some kinda of Phenomenon. Anything really interesting that will catch people's attention and they will want to hear about.

I'm thinking something with:
Ghosts
Aliens
Area 51
Bermuda Triangle

you get the picture... Any suggestions?
I was about to write a research paper on the different kinds of electric guitars and their applications for different kinds of music.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Your ideas arent good for a research paper. You might wanna pick something that has solid proof and facts to bring up.
Write about the varying sizes of male genitalia.

Or Music that you like

Either/Or
20th century Russians are pretty interesting.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
The progression with rock and roll. Start with early blues, then go to Chuck Berry and the 50's, then 60's, 70's... you get the picture.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Write about the history of Pokemon...oh wait, not in fourth grade anymore.

I would write about the Bermuda Triangle, but write it so it sounds like I don't believe that the supernatural has anything to do with planes disappearing.

I have 1000 word essay due at the end of the semester. I think I am going to write about the Lake Bodom murders, Jack the Ripper, or some other serial killer.
I actually wrote a decent essay on John Frusciante. That man has gone through a lot, and has changed so much. He's amazing.
(For those who don't know who he is: He's the Red Hot Chili Peppers' guitarist)
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
I did my performance project on Christianity's influence over Irish folklore and how that affects what we consider to be 'mythology.'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Glavinage
Write about the varying sizes of male genitalia.

Or Music that you like

Either/Or

Write about the effects that the music you like has on the size of the male genitalia.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Do research on how valuable/accurate Wikipedia is for researching academic papers, but do all your research for said topic on Wikipedia
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I too am working on a research paper. and trust me, my english teacher is a beast. Gave my cousin a 79 on her research paper, so she went to a college profesor, gave her the paper and said it was an A paper.

Anyway, i chose to do mine on the Beatles. They have plenty of sources and you can go on about them for days. like mine has to prove a point so i i chose to show how they influenced culture. So if you choose this topic.. i definately reccomend getting the Beatles Anthology book as a source.
Do your report on Planet X (Nubiru) and the theory behind the belief that man was manufactured for a job that will end in 2012.

Beleive it or not there is A LOT of evidence/facts supporting this theory, unlike most theories based around our origin.

Also, if your religious completely ignore this post, you will be instantly offended by what the Sumarian's knew before jewish people and the bible.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by jmonko
Im a zombie

BURRRRN HIM!
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by decayingdave
Try something that's not imaginary.

this.

doing something imaginary makes it nearly impossible to back up any argument. you could talk about the influence of music on society. i know it sounds cliche but i bet there are videos and studies that show that we really know like 1% of how music really affects us. use ur library databank etc. tons of articles u can use for sources
Quote by Random88
Do research on how valuable/accurate Wikipedia is for researching academic papers, but do all your research for said topic on Wikipedia

i actually like this idea. you could compare actual sources to wikipedia, to show how wrong it is. or if its not as wrong as people say.
I have no opinion on this matter.