Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG
I've heard VK's are love/hate.

I would try fixing up the Bugera.

yeah, i have gotten some crazy tones from a VK,
but i've never been able to turn a b00g up past
1, so i dunno about them,
but thanks
I got my 6260 head for about 450 on Ebay.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Unless your planning on getting a distortion pedal or high-end OD, I'd go for the Bugera.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
VK, then save for a bit and swap the speaker.

I don't get the Bugera obsession at all.

Or look into a B-52 AT112, they're $360 at GC right now. They have an iffy reliability reputation, but for the price they're worth it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
VKs are really all that reliable either. Hell, I don't know a budget tube amp (or amp in general for that matter) that's reliable.

While I probably would never get one simply because they don't seem to suit my needs, I certainly think they're worth a try for the metalheads if you get a warranty.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
VKs are really all that reliable either. Hell, I don't know a budget tube amp (or amp in general for that matter) that's reliable.

you sir do not know traynor
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Yes I do, and I doubt they are more reliable that anything else. They aren't nearly as popular as a lot of budget amps so less susceptible to people complaining of reliability.

Remember, skimping on components and paying for the warranties still yields higher profits than an amp made with higher components (which could also break). Why do you think bugera is still in business, why do you think non handwired voxes, the new bogner alchemist, the egnater rebel and many other amps are made in china with sub quality components?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yes I do, and I doubt they are more reliable that anything else. They aren't nearly as popular as a lot of budget amps so less susceptible to people complaining of reliability.

I was just kidding, but seriously they test them out by throwing them off buildings. Not joking here.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I'd say VKs are more reliable than Bugeras, though. Remember that time about two months ago when there were like ten threads like "halp my boogeras borked how do I fixed amps?" I've only ever seen two or three threads on the VK like that.

Speaking of reliability (and I've linked this numerous times here on UG): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z_qNNcVz8

I'll give you that, though, most amps in general aren't very reliable. There are myriad stories of Marshalls breaking down and yet people still use 'em (although I wouldn't touch any of their modern amps (except the Vintage Modern) if you paid me).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by CityKid
So, I played a B00g 6260 a while ago, while
on vacation, and it sounded gorgeous,
but, i know they break down lots, after reading
the Bugera thread, I thought it'd be a good
idea to take it to a shop, and tell them (i know
the guys personally) to make it reliable, but,
do you think it'd be worth it, about $650 for
the head + $100 to get all the loose part fixed
up. Or, i could get a Peavey Valveking, which
is pretty reliable out of the box. I'd need to buy
a footswitch, +$60.
So what's your opinion?

bugera 6260 = $750.
Peavey VK = $600.

The Bugera's sound much better. But really, if you take it in for a once over and keep it safe, I'm fairly sure it'll be fine
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
I was just kidding, but seriously they test them out by throwing them off buildings. Not joking here.

I'd say that's more luck than anything. Also, doesn't tell you about the quality of the components. I'd agree it gives major points to the mounting of the internals and the construction of the cab, but I don't think that is what's in question. Hell, I've seen the absolute dirt cheap crate v series thrown on the ground with no ill effect.
VK will get eaten alive, raped, killed and then raped by the bugera
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by CityKid
bugera 6260 = $750.
Peavey VK = $600.

Go with whichever sounds better; you'll end up spending $130+ for a speaker swap anyway, so it should just be personal preference.
Why not go used, A peavey triple xxx or ultras are always on ebay for 400-700 dollars used. This way you could get a great sounding amp and not have to worry about it breaking down.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6