Does anybody here have a Traynor YCV80?Its gets very good reviews.I'm thinking about buying one.Any body have pros and cons?
Well, I've got the YCV40, which is basically the 40 watt combo. I think it's a great amp, but what style are you going for?

I think it sounds great for metal, acoustics, prog, and general rock area, but it's not the best for blues and jazz stuff.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
How is the overdrive on the amp I've heard great things about the dirty/drive channel but no one nearby sells them so I would have to drive to test one out
I play classic rock,led zep,hard rock,G and R,Metal,Metalica a little blues and some of my own stuff
the YCV80 has massive headroom, you would be better off with a YCV50 Blue or YCV40.

The YCV50 will definitely suit your needs although you might need an OD to kick it into metal territory.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
The only thing I was worried about with YCV50 blue is how can I record too my computer with that?The YCV80 has a hookup for headphones and to record directly to the computer.If I could record directly to my computer with the YCV50 blue I would get that
Last edited by jim94535 at Jan 26, 2009,