First off, no I don't really care that its not analog, honestly I don't hear much of a difference from digital and analog effects when it comes to delay pedals.

Secondly, yes I would be using the hell out of the loop feature on it.

So, if I'm looking for a nice delay pedal, is the Boss DD-7 worth it? Plus I'm considering it due to the looping thing.
my upcoming comparison is based on value against money.

if you want more value for money, my suggestion is to get a DD3. IMHO there is no point paying a hundred more for that two more modes.

it'll be better still if you manage to get a DD3 used.
Actually, I was asking because I have a friend offering a used DD-7 for 100$, and thats seems like a pretty damn good deal.
Quote by daryle_goh

if you want more value for money, my suggestion is to get a DD3. IMHO there is no point paying a hundred more for that two more modes.

Lack of tap tempo on the DD3 = deal breaker for me.
yeah man i have the dd7.. killer delay! i love the hold feature and the external tap tempo. AWESOME DELAY FOR THE MONEY!!
The DD-20 and DD-7 are really only different in the size, and the DD-20 can run delay and SOS at the same time. Both great pedals, getting the Boss nonlatching footswitch makes tap temp super easy.
Quote by daryle_goh

i'm sorry but you are very wrong here:
1. First off, its 30 bucks more

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DD-3-Digital-Delay-Pedal-100126199-i1124474.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DD-7-Digital-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104911797-i1398548.gc
2. Secondly you get the modulation mode, analog mode, reverse delay mode, 4 delay modes instead of 3, literally seconds more of delay, a hold mode for looping that is actually useful, tap tempo, and a external switch for it to make it nice and convenient

sounds like more than two more modes

not bad for 30 bucks more
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
i'm sorry but you are very wrong here:
1. First off, its 30 bucks more

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DD-3-Digital-Delay-Pedal-100126199-i1124474.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-DD-7-Digital-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104911797-i1398548.gc
2. Secondly you get the modulation mode, analog mode, reverse delay mode, 4 delay modes instead of 3, literally seconds more of delay, a hold mode for looping that is actually useful, tap tempo, and a external switch for it to make it nice and convenient

sounds like more than two more modes

not bad for 30 bucks more

oh **** sorry. yes it's 30USD more. i forgot. but if you're in my country it's 100SGD or so more.
I'm not a boss fanboy but I love my DD-7. The modulating delay is the sex for cleans, and I always have the analog setting on for leads.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by halvies
^ dont listen to him

The DD series are great, boss are known to be reliable, strong and good sounding

Go for it if you want it!

^ don't listen to him.

For the price, you could do better, and, while they are reilable, so are almost all pedals. I suggest you get something a bit warmer and less cold and dry, such as a Carbon Copy or, for exactly what you are looking for, a TC Electronics Nova Delay.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by luyezi27
all boss pedals are decent at best

Get out.

The DD-7 is a great sounding pedal, definitely go for it. If you're willing to shell out a bit more, you could also look into the Line 6 DL4 or Nova Delay, but I'm not sure the Nova Delay has a looping feature. Either way, the DD-7 is great for what you want.
A friend of mine just got the DD-7 and he loves it. Apparently he can "program" in a riff and get it to loop, and then play over it. which sounds really cool.

Guitarist in my band has the DD-6(i think) and it also sounds really good
Quote by jimmy_neutron
A friend of mine just got the DD-7 and he loves it. Apparently he can "program" in a riff and get it to loop, and then play over it. which sounds really cool.

That is what looping is.
Quote by IncubusMan999
For the price, you could do better, and, while they are reilable, so are almost all pedals. I suggest you get something a bit warmer and less cold and dry, such as a Carbon Copy or, for exactly what you are looking for, a TC Electronics Nova Delay.

I dare you to point me out a pedal with tap tempo and loop for that money. The Carbon Copy doesn't have the looper which the TS wants and the Nova is way more expensive.
^ Yep, I opted for the Hardwire DL-8 as it had the tap tempo feature built-in to the pedal unlike with the DD-7 where it runs externally. The Hardwire sounds fantastic through my twin!
Quote by Meatball200
^ Yep, I opted for the Hardwire DL-8 as it had the tap tempo feature built-in to the pedal unlike with the DD-7 where it runs externally. The Hardwire sounds fantastic through my twin!

Wrong, the dd7 has both external and internal taping capabilities, the DD5 only has external, and the DD6 only has internal.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
As a general rule, Boss pedals are high quality and good value for money. They're built to high standards so even the largest of rockers can jump on them and they'll live. I have the DD3 and to be honest it's one of my best buys. I've had a few other make of pedals before but Boss really do it for me.
If you want the tap tempo and hold function, go for it, and at the price I deffinatly would. The DD3 will do fine for just about anything, but if you really NEED that tap tempo, buy it and also consider the non latching boss pedal.
Have fun with that
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
If you want just a straight up Analog delay go with a Carbon Copy but if you want a low price with tons of options and a 40 second looper go with the DD-7.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
The Akai Headrush E2 is much better than the DD-7 for straight looping and tap tempo delays. The Tape Echo simulation is good as well, but it's amazing if you're running stereo.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com