Ok im getting frustrated with this situation. Everytime I put on a new set of strings, the high E string breaks about 1 day or two later right about 1 or 2 cm below the tuning peg EVERYTIME I CHANGE THIS STRING!!!! This only happens when I tune my guitar, usually not when im playing. I tune anywhere from Drop B to E Standard, so I imagine the string cant take being wound and unwound around the peg therefore it keeps breaking, so Im thinking of going up in a gauge. I currently use Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms (10-13-17-30-42-52) and Im thinking of getting some D'Addario Medium Top/Heavy Bottoms (11-14-18-30-42-52). Do you think that thickness might solve my problem or do I have to go higher? Btw my guitar is a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, this problem also occurs with my B.C Rich Warlock at about the same spot under the high E. Help is appreciated.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
is it breaking at a sharp spot? is the tuner sharp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I previously had this problem with one of my guitars. Thing is that guitar had locking tuners, which I believe had something to do with it... I don't think the C-1 Hellraiser has those, but maybe check the runing peg for any damage or sharp metal edges.
it doesnt have any sharp edges, and the ones that did i filed down...

edit: it happened on two different guitars in the exact same spot, one has schaller tuners which are fairly new i just put them on and the other one grover. This is ironic they both at the exact same spot...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Last edited by EndOfNothing656 at Jan 26, 2009,
i didnt notice you said both guitars.

personally i dont like EBs because they break.

some guys like them tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thats why im thinking of going back to D'Addarios, never had this problem with them...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Use Dean Markleys. They kick ass
Ernie Balls kick small aluminum cans filled with shit, and they kick them on the open side so they get the shit on their shoes...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Thanks for everyones help... Ill just buy a diff brand then ernie ball and thicker ones too, and hope for the damn best...

edit: seriously, I understand tuning from Drop B to E standard all the time is hell for the string, but it should be made to withstand that, im not seeing that with ernie balls///
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by EndOfNothing656 at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by EndOfNothing656

edit: seriously, I understand tuning from Drop B to E standard all the time is hell for the string, but it should be made to withstand that, im not seeing that with ernie balls///

Lulz, I tune from open A to drop Bb all the time with DR's, and the only time I really break them is when they're rusty.

Dean Markley's are good too.
Quote by imgooley
Lulz, I tune from open A to drop Bb all the time with DR's, and the only time I really break them is when they're rusty.

Dean Markley's are good too.

thats what im saying, i think ernie balls just suck ass...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Meh I've never had a trouble with Ernies
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia