Page 1 of 3
I have noticed that, in my town, that less privileged guitarist have way better articulation and flat out better licks than "over geared" players. What say you?
AL
I say any popular band could write the same music with any instrument...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Didn't read because of annoying font.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
ive seen it to be true in a lot of cases other times ive seen a combination of **** gear and **** players ha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Get rid of that damn font.

Then Ill answer your question.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I do agree actually. Fortunately i learned to play before buying ****loads of gear! (my sigs what i could fit in the space and is my fav gear)
Your font sucks.

Anyways, oftentimes that's true; underprivileged musicians tend to appreciate it more.
for sure dude i totally agree

all the guitarist at my school only play guitar for the girls they dont do it for there love of music and they all suck

im really getting tired of stupid posers playing ****ty Blink 182 covers
Quote by Adam Loeke
Yall suck nut. Read the font douche.

No.

On to the next thread.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Adam Loeke
I have noticed that, in my town, that less privileged guitarist have way better articulation and flat out better licks than "over geared" players. What say you?

I can’t say for absolute certain that this is fact, as there are some guitarists that I know who have plenty of gear and sound way better than ones that don’t have much gear.

However, those with more money might resort to purchasing more gear to try to “improve” their sound, while poorer guitarists can’t afford that luxury and just have to keep playing to improve their sound and potentially get noticed.

I do have to admit, a guy with just a mid-level guitar and a descent amp can be more impressive than a guitarist with a top-level guitar plugged into several effects all going into his wall of Marshall stacks.
i agree...i have a 200 dollar guitar and a 30 year old randall and i am loads better than my rich friend with a 1400 dollar guitar, and my other friend with a 1960's vintage gibson and marshall.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by alaskan_ninja
This thread is now about Al Pacino.

/unsuccessful threadjacking.
TS fails at being cool with his lame font.

Stop being jealous just because people have nicer gear than you.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by herby190
/unsuccessful threadjacking.

+ 1

alaskan_ninja, you just fail.
Yeah around here there's a bunch of kids who play gibsons, gretches, fenders etc. but I cansmoke them on my Scehcter Omen-6.
I'm not rich but I have nice gear. Sometimes non-priveleged people can still have nice stuff.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Quote by Xeron Brigs
+ 1

alaskan_ninja, you just fail.

Hey, I'm not the one who started the thread. With the shit font.

Edit: And you're an 09'er

Shoulda known...
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Harrydoodle
for sure dude i totally agree

all the guitarist at my school only play guitar for the girls they dont do it for there love of music and they all suck

im really getting tired of stupid posers playing ****ty Blink 182 covers

What if they actually like playing Blink 182?

Are you jealous they get more pussy than you could dream of?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by maybe_I_am
I'm not rich but I have nice gear. Sometimes non-priveleged people can still have nice stuff.

Yeah, but I think he means the kids who get a Squire, a pedal, and a stack because they had a C-average or something...
Quote by Jericho114
What if they actually like playing Blink 182?

Are you jealous they get more pussy than you could dream of?

.... your gay!
Quote by herby190
Yeah, but I think he means the kids who get a Squire, a pedal, and a stack because they had a C-average or something...

Squier! I got a jackson kelly std when i got a B average. Not great guitars BTW,
Quote by Adam Loeke

i can give a great example of this.

overgeared/****sound=dragonforce crappy gear but great musicians=early Horse The band.

they were running on some beat gear before they got big
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

I'd rather it be about western, as I'm watching a western on Spike, it's awesome.

EDIT: **** too late.

I dunno, from watching youtube, this would be true, but real life... I dunno.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Harrydoodle
.... your gay!

Dude, Blink 182 has a song called "I Wanna **** A Dog In The Ass"; bow down to their obvious superiority.
It it you..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by Harrydoodle
.... your gay!

You're
You are.

Take a pick.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
"I tried to **** your mom in the ass
tried to **** your dad in the ass
could only find the dog...
and it's ass"

I know I do love blink haha and particularly that song i wouldn't care if they played it well though thats what I'm saying

to be honest i play blink all the time...just well
Quote by metaldud536
Your font sucks.

First post, you won this thread.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DegaMeth
Squier! I got a jackson kelly std when i got a B average. Not great guitars BTW,

mr. 09 you're probably the kind of kid mentioned in this thread than. Your sign up date and gear list says it all

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Mattylightning
i can give a great example of this.

overgeared/****sound=dragonforce crappy gear but great musicians=early Horse The band.

they were running on some beat gear before they got big

erm...

sam had almost no idea what was good and what was crap. Dunno if that's still true.

he was using a RR3 and a beat up iceman for the album when they got truly popular.

you can hardly say they had fantastic gear.

and before that I'm sure they had even worse gear. you can't really compare one bands later equipment and another bands early equipment.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
erm...

sam had almost no idea what was good and what was crap. Dunno if that's still true.

he was using a RR3 and a beat up iceman for the album when they got truly popular.

you can hardly say they had fantastic gear.

and before that I'm sure they had even worse gear. you can't really compare one bands later equipment and another bands early equipment.

This doesn't happen very often, but I 100% agree with you Lemon.
Page 1 of 3