does any one know how much the bugera 1990 and 1960 are going to be here in the US?
i was thinking about getting one depending on the price, cause if its within like $100 of the real thing i'll get one of those instead
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
rumored to be around 500.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I would think they'd be close to current bugeras prices, but seeing as how the real things are no longer made it's kind of hard to compare.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by edge11
rumored to be around 500.

For the head? Are you FREAKING SERIOUS?

I'd consider it if Bugera fixes their goddamn QC.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
okay then has anyone heard any sound clips of it, if ya then does it sound good
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
Hard to hear clips of amps that aren't out.
well dont i feel stupid

when are they supposed to come out?
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
Ceriatone > bugera
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Ceriatone > bugera

I would hope so for about twice the price.
To be honest half the kids saying "Bugera sucks" and "Mine broke in 3 weeks"
are all people who don't know how to use tube amps.

They don't allow their tubes to cool down properly.
They just flip both switches off, right after jamming.
And you'll hear this absurd "pop" coming from the amp if you turn it off like that.

And you can blow a tube very fast if you just keep on turning it off like that.

Personally, I own a Bugera and I can say they're built like tanks.
Just learn how to properly operate a tube amp and you'll be fine.
Quote by huevos

And you'll hear this absurd "pop" coming from the amp if you turn it off like that.

So how do you let the tubes cool down?

Edit: Aw, never mind, that was bait. You have no idea what you're talking about. I already know what you're gonna say, put the amp on standby and then turn it off. While this is good practice (I'll get to that in a minute) it does not cool the amp down. The function of standby is to turn only the heaters on in the tubes, the amp is certainly not cooling down if the heaters are on.

Second, putting the amp in standby before turning it off is good for two reasons. One, it sets you up for the next time you turn it one. Two, it prevents that pop (which happens no matter what) from damaging the speaker. That pop will not damage the tubes, that pop happens no matter how you turn the amp off, if it's in standby first you just can't hear it is all.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
So how do you let the tubes cool down?

Edit: Aw, never mind, that was bait. You have no idea what you're talking about. I already know what you're gonna say, put the amp on standby and then turn it off. While this is good practice (I'll get to that in a minute) it does not cool the amp down. The function of standby is to turn only the heaters on in the tubes, the amp is certainly not cooling down if the heaters are on.

Second, putting the amp in standby before turning it off is good for two reasons. One, it sets you up for the next time you turn it one. Two, it prevents that pop (which happens no matter what) from damaging the speaker. That pop will not damage the tubes, that pop happens no matter how you turn the amp off, if it's in standby first you just can't hear it is all.

Eh, at least you gotta say my arguement was good while it lasted though.
Haha

I really knew when your amp is in standby, no sound would come out.
So that's where the "no pop" comes from.

But yeah honestly, my Bugera has had no problems what so ever so far.
Although I wouldn't buy a Bugera again. (or look into a 5150/6505)
I'd just shoot for the higher stuff. Orange, ENGL, Soldano, VHT, etc
or a Blackstar HT-5
Quote by huevos

Congratulations you have a working Bugera. Having a Bugera last more than a month doesn't mean you are some sort of tube amp savant, it means that you should probably go buy a lottery ticket because you are lucky.

I personally had mine crap out two times within a month and I am not new to tube amps. I started off 20 years ago with a 1967 Fender Deluxe Reverb that served me well for many years until I sold it. I also have a 1978 Peavey VT Classic which has worked great in the 15 years or so that I have owned it, and I am currently using a B52 AT100 which so far in the past few months of owning it has not given me any trouble.

So don't go spewing that **** that the only people that have trouble are morons that have no experience with tube amps, Bugeras just have quality control issues accept it. I'm glad yours works well but don't assume its because you did something right.
Quote by huevos

How is having it instantly blow a tube the first time I play it, OR having it blow a transformer after playing it for 30 minutes bad use?

Speaker cables were connected, ohm setting was correct, warmed up, plugged into good outlet...

They fail because they suck. And I don't care WHAT you say about it, its not going to change my opinion.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I hope they sound better than the 6262 and 333 series. The only reason I wouldn't consider one of them is not the reliability concerns, but just the fact that they sound plain bad.
Seriously, regardless of the price of the Bugera clones, I would still jump for something from Ceriatone. You get an extremely well built hand wired amp with good components for one heck of a good price.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life

Let's hope so.
no one answered my question yet

When is it supposed to come out??
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
Quote by Horlicks
I hope they sound better than the 6262 and 333 series. The only reason I wouldn't consider one of them is not the reliability concerns, but just the fact that they sound plain bad.

But they're also cheap. If I could afford a $2000 amp, then I would definitely have one. Bugeras are much better choices over Valvekings and other low end tube amps.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
I can't believe I missed this thread.

I'm not a Bugera hater but -

1.) No one knows for sure when they are coming out, they were just made public. Google it or email the company.

2.) Owning a Bugera is more about understanding potential issues (just like any new amp) and being able to look/see/deal with on day 1. Not worrying about the 'Standby proceedure'. The 333s seem to be more prone to loose screws and unbiased tubes.

Anyway, if you want good Marshall tone with added variety at a resonable price I would look into a used Splawn. Yep. splawnguitars.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I can't believe I missed this thread.

I'm not a Bugera hater but -

1.) No one knows for sure when they are coming out, they were just made public. Google it or email the company.

2.) Owning a Bugera is more about understanding potential issues (just like any new amp) and being able to look/see/deal with on day 1. Not worrying about the 'Standby proceedure'. The 333s seem to be more prone to loose screws and unbiased tubes.

Anyway, if you want good Marshall tone with added variety at a resonable price I would look into a used Splawn. Yep. splawnguitars.com

thank you thats what i wanted to know
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
there is nothing wrong with bugera if you get a tech to check all the solder connections inside and make sure they're good when you buy it.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I love my Bugera. I understand how people can be biased against them, especially with all the QC issues they've had. I lucked out and only had to resolder one thing and it has been working fine since then.
Quote by Reds3031
But they're also cheap.

So are Line 6 Flextones. I'd take one of those over the Bugera anyday.
Quote by Horlicks
So are Line 6 Flextones. I'd take one of those over the Bugera anyday.

+1

And every bugera I've ever played sounded like complete crap, let alone I've had many friends tell me stories of them crapping out. And whoever said the Splawn, +1 to that.