If any one knows of one, they would be here. I would like some thing preferably cheaper, tube (of course), and around 30 watts or above. I don't want it to sound like a Marshall at ALL. I hate their tone. I really dig the tone of Oranges, but they're way too expensive, and I don't want the TT. I don't like the tone of Blackhearts as much as Orange, so no Blackheart. Splawn sounds like a Marshall, and they're too expensive too. Preferably a head, as I already have a cab, but combos are ok too for the price. Top budget is 700 US. Look at my fav. bands for sound, and I also play some blues. No metal or anything.

Like I said, I want it to be very similar to Orange, but cheaper. I'm basically looking for an obscure amp company so I can get great tone for less .

Requirements:
Brit Voiced
Tube
At least 30 watts
Very Orange-like tone
Cheaper than Orange

Preferences:
Two channels
Comes as a head

Do NOT WANT
Marshall voiced amp
Splawn
Blackheart
Metal Amp

Thanks guys! I was going to get the Dual Terror, but I don't know if I can wait till July or August for it. If I dont find anything I love, I'll probably just wait though.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Id wait for the dual terror to be honest.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
my honest answer is save up a little more and buy a used Mesa Stiletto, there's nothing else i know of that will give you a Brit sound like an Orange at that price range...unless you consider the Tiny Terror.

EDIT: oh i was unaware that the Dual Terror was the Tiny Terror in 30 watt form. then i say wait for the Dual Terror as you first suggested, it fits the description of what you want perfectly.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jan 26, 2009,
Have you considered a Vox? Or possibly a Laney?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Have you considered a Vox? Or possibly a Laney?

I've heard Voxes, they're meh. But I haven't ever heard a Laney. Any ones in particular I should check out?

Quote by mcrfobtai
You could just get a TT. It's not exactly what you want but it has great tone.

I like the TT, I really do. But then I think of the DT and how it is better and louder, and how if I were going to get the Tiny Terror, I should wait and control myself and wait for the Dual Terror.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I like the TT, I really do. But then I think of the DT and how it is better and louder, and how if I were going to get the Tiny Terror, I should wait and control myself and wait for the Dual Terror.

huh. The Dual terror seems like a bit of a gimmick to me (If I'm thinking of the right amp)
Wait and save for the Orange Dual Terror. Or save now and buy a used Rocker 30. If you want an Orange, get an Orange
Quote by mcrfobtai
huh. The Dual terror seems like a bit of a gimmick to me (If I'm thinking of the right amp)

It's the new Orange Terror amp with two channels, 30/15/7 watt switch, all valve, made in China or Korea (I forget which) and $819 US. Right amp?

Also, in your name and status, I know MCR and FOB but what does TAI stand for?

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
It's the new Orange Terror amp with two channels, 30/15/7 watt switch, all valve, made in China or Korea (I forget which) and $819 US. Right amp?

Also, in your name and status, I know MCR and FOB but what does TAI stand for?

Isn't it just the same amp twice, where one channel is a bit fatter then the other?

And that question gets asked a lot. The Academy Is...

Quote by mcrfobtai
Isn't it just the same amp twice, where one channel is a bit fatter then the other?

Yes it is... but there's a lot you can do with two channels even if they are similar. As in, have one clean and crank the other. And I like the TT anyway, so the DT just means more headroom and a second channel.

I've never heard of them. Should I be glad? Also, why did you name yourself that if you hate all of them???

It's starting to look more and more like I'm going to have to spend 800-1000 on an Orange

Quote by mcrfobtai

It's a 30 watt version with an extra channel.

Don't be sad. There are far worse usernames than yours... at least TAI and FOB are decent

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
They NEVER have any Oranges on Craigslist in Memphis, and on ebay they're always over 1,000!!!! UGGGHHH!!! I'd love a Rocker 30!!!!!

Have him ship it.

I shipped a 60lb Laney head from Pennsylvania to Florida for like $40.
Quote by eurotrashed
Have him ship it.

I shipped a 60lb Laney head from Pennsylvania to Florida for like $40.

I love you.

Thanks for the help.

I guess I'll just save up for a used Rocker 30 then.

Thanks Guys!!!!

Don't be impatient and try and get something to model what you really want.

Just wait it out. Things will work out. Trust me, I have experience with this
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Orange's really don't sound THAT much different from Marshalls.

What is it about a Marshall's tone you don't like, and what about an Orange's tone that you do like. You insist that you like the tone of an Orange but hate the tone of a Marshall, but Orange has a bunch of different amps that can all sound very different, and Marshall does as well, and within that range, there is some pretty heavy overlap when it comes to some of the amps. So you have to be a bit more specific here. You never know, you might like an amp like a JTM45 or something.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I've heard Voxes, they're meh. But I haven't ever heard a Laney. Any ones in particular I should check out?

Not a SS one!!! I went and checked one out about a month ago and it was...umm...bad. Laney is known for their tube amps...if your looking at the Laney's stick to tube.
"We've all been someones ammo at some point in our life..."

someones ammo ... my band.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Yes it is... but there's a lot you can do with two channels even if they are similar. As in, have one clean and crank the other. And I like the TT anyway, so the DT just means more headroom and a second channel.

I've never heard of them. Should I be glad? Also, why did you name yourself that if you hate all of them???

It's starting to look more and more like I'm going to have to spend 800-1000 on an Orange

Hmm, I guess.

I named myself that because when I furst joined, I liked those bands. Now though...
Quote by al112987
Orange's really don't sound THAT much different from Marshalls.

What is it about a Marshall's tone you don't like, and what about an Orange's tone that you do like. You insist that you like the tone of an Orange but hate the tone of a Marshall, but Orange has a bunch of different amps that can all sound very different, and Marshall does as well, and within that range, there is some pretty heavy overlap when it comes to some of the amps. So you have to be a bit more specific here. You never know, you might like an amp like a JTM45 or something.

The "Orange" sound and the "Marshall" sound are totally different. Orange is much darker and less fizzy. The only Marshalls I would buy would be a JCM800, JTM45 or any Marshall that is not using transistors to create uber bt00tle gain, like the JCM900. All tube distortion> tubes with transistors.
Quote by mcrfobtai

Okay, let me voice my opinion on this. MCR's first two albums were actually fairly good. FOB's 2nd and third album, along with the acoustic one, were not bad either. The Academy Is just sucks lol, although I do own Almost Here (some decent guitar parts on it). However, after FOB and MCR sold out (FOB with Infinity on High and MCR with Black Parade), I started to not like them as much. That's my opinion. Flame if you want, I really don't give a ****. I own all of the ablums put out by MCR and FOB, I think they're all good (the aformentioned "sellout" ones aren't anywhere near the old ones). So, yeah.

And for TS, you should really just save up for a TT or the Dual Terror. I'm pretty excited about the Dual Terror myself....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

And for TS, you should really just save up for a TT or the Dual Terror. I'm pretty excited about the Dual Terror myself....

For the price of the Dual Terror, a used Rocker 30 is really a better choice. The TT is cool for what it is, a low wattage, basic tube amp. The DT takes away that novelty and isn't near as good as a Rocker 30
Quote by eurotrashed
For the price of the Dual Terror, a used Rocker 30 is really a better choice. The TT is cool for what it is, a low wattage, basic tube amp. The DT takes away that novelty and isn't near as good as a Rocker 30

Oh, well if he can get a used Rocker 30 for that price or around it, then do that. DO IT!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Oh, well if he can get a used Rocker 30 for that price or around it, then do that. DO IT!

I can't . But I do constantly check ebay to see if there's a deal on there. For either the AD30HTC or Rocker 30.

And I think every amp brand has a signature sound to them that is different for each brand, and should be able to be heard in all of their (tube) amps; sort of like colas. Pepsi tastes a lot like Coca Cola, but each one of them has subtle differences that seperates the brands.

I don't like the unique sound of marshalls. I like the dark sounds of Oranges, like their overdrive better, like the fact that they're brit voiced, and like that all the bands I like use or can be imitated by Orange.

Now, Splawn and Marshall may sound similar, but not Orange and Marshall.

And THAT is why I like Orange

theres an Orange Rocker 30 in Montreal for 1100(CAD) which turns out to be less then 900 American dollars. Shipping might be a fair bit though..

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Orange-Rocker-30-Ampli-2006-W0QQAdIdZ95931113
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile