I am looking to get either an esp or dean.

I like the esp ltd alexi-600.
Neck-Thru Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
Locking Nut
Thin U Neck Shape
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge
EMG HZ F-H2 p.u.
Finish: Black w/ yellow pinstripe

And i was looking at the dean razorback explosion .
Set Neck Construction
24.75 Scale
Mahogany Body and Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
Thin U Neck Shape
Custom Explosion Graphics
Licensed Floyd Rose
Seymour Duncan 'Dimebucker' Bridge Pickup
Seymour Duncan 'Dimetime' Neck Pickup
DBD Traction Knobs
22 XJ Frets
Last edited by dann721 at Jan 26, 2009,
Get an Esp Eclipse for the highest amount you can spend or if you really want Dean, get one of the Plain V's or The Hardtails/cadillacs.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Quote by dann721
I don't kno what guitar to get.
I am looking to get either an esp or dean.

I like the esp ltd alexi-600. though it was a bit hard to get to those higher frets, even with the cutout.

And i was looking at the dean razorback explosion.

Im looking to spend somewhere around $2000.

any suggestions?

Um... $2000? That’s a pretty large budget! I would go with [VictorinoX]'s recommendation and check out some Ibanez Prestige models and see if any of them strike your fancy.
dude ibanez all the way if your into that. $2000 is a lot to spend on a guitar that looks rediculous (dean)
Also, you should be able to afford it. Look up Halo Guitars.Very nice guitars for the money, and quite a range of customization options You can select whether or not you want a carved top, quilted, or flamed maple top. You can choose between 6-10 strings [don't know why you'd need ten, just making a point]. Choice of Kalher, Floyd Rose, or hardtail bridge. Choice of Halo High Gain Humbuckers, or ESP or Seymour Duncans. lots of choices for colors, right n left hand, all that. It's ****ing great. sound good too.

EDIT: If you look up Halo Guitars, I recommend either the 667 Joe Fraulob Signature or the Hellfire V. Both very good guitars and just badass as all ****ing hell. Good hunting
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jan 26, 2009,
Only drawback to the ESP Laiho is the fact that it's just one bridge pickup. I personally like the neck pickup when playing with default placement, since it's got a clear sound. But you can always replace the pickup.
Deans [even the usa series] are essentially ****. Esp if you must, but good luck with that. I still maintain that you should check out Ibanez and Halo before you jump on the bandwagon.
wow,, i cudnt beleve how sh1t those halo guitars were,, they looked like an attempt 2 cross a bc rich with a dean,,, and they used a washing machine 2 make the transformation
Right. your opinion. Why don't you actually try playing one, then tell me your "oh-so-respected" opinion. And since when do looks make ALL the difference. For me, function comes first over everything else.
A Squier Hello Kitty Strat will never let you down.

And for two grand you could buy a different one for every day of the week and have money left over.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Right. your opinion. Why don't you actually try playing one, then tell me your "oh-so-respected" opinion. And since when do looks make ALL the difference. For me, function comes first over everything else.

ok well i do admit looks dont matter,, but i cant play somthing that looks that dam retarded,,, they mite sound good,, i dont no,, i havent played them, i havent even seen 1 in reall life cause i dont no any store in aus that supplies them
This thread is full of fail.

Just do your research find a guitar that's practical and well made and you know will last. I'll tell for one that the Dean Razorback is one of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever played. I wouldn't buy it if it's half the price. Also, look into a guitar that's comfortable to play ALL the time, that way you won't fall in love with it just for the looks and put it to the side.

If you head in the direction of ESP (1000 series or actual ESP) or Ibanez Prestige you will end up with a sick guitar.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by maiden03
ok well i do admit looks dont matter,, but i cant play somthing that looks that dam retarded,,, they mite sound good,, i dont no,, i havent played them, i havent even seen 1 in reall life cause i dont no any store in aus that supplies them

Some of them look decent, in my opinion. I actually got a chance to play some at this convention a few years ago, and they kick ass. they start at about 700 bucks, and you can customize them from the shop there and have it shipped directly to you, i think.
Ok go with an esp because although i dont own a guitar by either company i have played both and if your lookin at spending $2000 you will get way more guitar if you get an esp because dean makes ok guitars for jacked up prices.

But seriously get an ibanez even though the one i have isnt expensive i love it. Only a suggestion.
Last edited by vigilante1 at Jan 29, 2009,