Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong board. Anyhow, I've recently been having some troubles with my Schecter Revenger guitar. Here's the details-

One night I was playing my guitar reasonably loud. Toward the end of the night I noticed the sound coming out of the amp sounded kind of... degraded. Almost sounded like the quality of the sound was equivalent to an old Super nintendo's music format.

Anyway I was tired so I decided I'd deal with it the next day.

Next day it seemed fine. However after playing for a while, I noticed the same problem, after much playing the sound degraded and degraded until it well... just didn't work. No sound at all was coming through.

I narrowed it down that it was the guitar, the lead worked fine with other guitars, and so did the amp. Opened up the iput jack, checked solders and such, they were fine. I continued to have the same problem, so I even redid the solders just in case.

Still no fix. I've worked out that-

-If I leave my guitar alone for a good few hours, it will play fine for a few minutes.
-The 'horrible sound' kicks in when I mostly play on the low e string. The more I play power chords or do palm mute triplets the worse it gets, faster.
-The sound goes from crystal clear distortion to utter... ATARI 2600 style explosion sounds. Then it gets worse, until it just doesn't make a sound at all.

Okay, I just tuned my guitar to BEADGB instead of EADGBE, and instantly the sound went to **** when I played. It seems.. my pickups or something can no longer handle low sounds?

It seems it could be my active dunlop design pickups, but I can't think of what would cause it. I've never even bumped it, spilled anything on it, etc. Just... happened one night. I was tuned in DADGBE that night too.

What the hell could it be? Any idea?

I'm not that techy with guitars but I may unscrew the pickups or something and take a look.
you mention your pups are active, have you tried a new battery ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
battery +3 ^pricey? what does that mean. open it change battery.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 26, 2009,
Quote by Harrydoodle
its probably just a blown instrument cable try using a different cable see what happens

As I mentioned already tried swapping cables.

Quote by mikeyElite
you mention your pups are active, have you tried a new battery ?

That I have not tried. Thanks for the quick response.

How long are these batteries supposted to last? I've had this guitar brand new for.. half a year tops.
if you leave a cable plugged into the guitar, then, less than you think.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ya that true if you have actives you should always unplug your guitar or your guitar will eat batteries
I'm learning. Thanks guys.

One more question though.

How might I get to this battery? On the back of the guitar is a panel, I took the screws out But I can't get the panel out.

I also took out the back pickup just to have a look. Don't see no battery under there.

While I'm at it I'll replace my strings and give my guitar a polish and my finger board a buff.

Guitar love. <3
after you remove the strings, you might find you'll need to set up the guitar again afterwards.

i usually like to do one string at a time, unless i'm in the mood to set up.

to get the back panel off (which is where the battery will be, unless there;s a another compartment) you'll want to press on one side of the cover. try to lift up the other side.

maybe get a flat object between the cover and the guitar on the other side, at the same time. protect the finish with a cloth if you can.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Yeah, was about to say that. Try replacing the battery on your pickups. Although, it's gonna be pricey if you're not an expert with guitar interiors.

nah dude just pop open the back and stick a new battery in thats all there is too it