So I got a Danelectro Black Licorice pedal about 2 weeks ago and I've already have gone through 3 batteries. I haven't used the thing nearly enough to have used that many. I leave it hooked up to my amp all the time, if that matters. Do I just have a defective pedal?
Listen to CKY.
If you leave a jack in the input the batt is connected all the time. So it will run down even if your not using it.
First problem is that you bought a danelectro pedal.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by cky_rocks
So I got a Danelectro Black Licorice pedal about 2 weeks ago and I've already have gone through 3 batteries. I haven't used the thing nearly enough to have used that many. I leave it hooked up to my amp all the time, if that matters. Do I just have a defective pedal?

When you leave a 1/4" cable in the input of a pedal, the pedal continues to drain battery, as it expects to be turned on. If you want to stop using batteries, buy an adapter. They're cheap; ~$10
Quote by tona_107
First problem is that you bought a danelectro pedal.

Honestly this is true.

Dan Electros gobble up batterys like a fat kid whos been left a stray in candyland.
That is if you play a lot.

Just get a power supply.
Ok, thanks. I would have got a better octave pedal, but this was $15 so I figured this would do for the time being.
Listen to CKY.