Hey guys, I've jut got a quick gear question:

I've got a Taylor Big Baby, and I'm leading worship at my youth group on Wednesday, so I was just wondering if any of you have had good experiences with any type of sound-hole pickup. I'd prefer to keep it relatively cheap, but w/e, any advice is appreciated.
Quote by pensiveintensiv
Hey guys, I've jut got a quick gear question:

I've got a Taylor Big Baby, and I'm leading worship at my youth group on Wednesday, so I was just wondering if any of you have had good experiences with any type of sound-hole pickup. I'd prefer to keep it relatively cheap, but w/e, any advice is appreciated.

Is your guitar completely acoustic, or does it have a 1/4" jack or a preamp in it currently?
It's a straight acoustic, with no electronics at all That's why I'm having trouble deciding.

Edit: Right now I'm looking at the Seymour Duncan Woody series, my only worry being that since my guitar is 15/16 scale, it won't fit. That, and I don't want it to sound like a sack of dieing babies.
Last edited by pensiveintensiv at Jan 26, 2009,
i;ve got a bill lawrence acoustic pickup. meh. a lot of unwanted buzz.

what's your budget?

at the very least get one with a volume on it.

you can also put a mic to the sound hole. dont know if that's an option...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The mic's not really an option, but volume isn't really an issue either. I'll be going through a mixer with individual volume controls, so no worries there.

Edit: I'd like to stay under $100, since I plan on eventually upgrading my guitar anyway.
Last edited by pensiveintensiv at Jan 26, 2009,
it's still nice having a volume on the line.

you'll want to control it on your end, if possible.

umm, for $60, there's a fishman soundhole pickup.
but im not sure if it's much better than the $>40 seymour duncan woodie.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SEMWOODY

under a hundred, i didnt notice much difference in acoustic sound hole pups.

as for a volume control. when i bought my pup, the volume control was only slightly more.

maybe the guys in acoustics section have a favorite / affordable one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

k, just to add, you seem like a nice guy.

maybe go cheap for now and save up for an installed fishman with preamp. something like that.
i get a lot of compliments on mine.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62