Hi I have a vox ad30vt and an epiphone les paul standard I am looking for a pedal or something that would help me get a good angus young sound. I cant get a new guitar or amp sorry.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Pac_man0123
UK 80s, medium-high gain, high treble, medium bass and mids.

That's actually a great amp for AC/DC tone.

This. It should be pretty straight forward. If it sounds muddy it's more than likely the crappy stock pups (assuming thats what you have).
I support Pac_man's suggestion, though I'd try a UK 70's too, what with AC/DC garnering most of their fame in the 1970's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^This, with mids/treble set to their highest setting, and bass in the middle.

That, right there, is how to get AC/DC tone. It's in the ultimate settings thread, and believe it or not it actually works!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Pac_man0123
Is that a joke? The valvetronix line has great amps.

do you want me to say it again?
Quote by Frusciante_13
do you want me to say it again?

Well, he is right; their good modeling amps, kick Spider ass hands-down, and frankly, with all due respect, your somewhat of an idiot for bashing them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Evereyone's got it pretty much right except I would suggest you back the gain down a little. The real key to getting Angus' tone on any amp is in how hard he picks. You don't actually need much gain, you just need to really smack the strings and dig the pick in hard. This also lets you get the smoother Malcom style tones very easily by using a lighter pick action.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by necrosis1193
Well, he is right; their good modeling amps, kick Spider ass hands-down, and frankly, with all due respect, your somewhat of an idiot for bashing them.

I didn't bash the amp... hence the sarcasm, i was referring to AC/DC... yea...
If you can't get a JTM45, get the next best thing a ZVex Box of Rock.
I use Line6 TonePort UX2 with Gearbox software and there is a preset called "Hells Bells". At least with an SG (Epi or Gibson which I tested) you get a pretty nice ACDC tone. There used to be a Line6 users forum where people posted all their custom presets and I got some nice ACDC tones. The Highway to hell preset sounds very close to the actual record but the one I like the most is the Jailbreak one.

But for amp presets, I can advice you to search youtube for user "Solodallas" (the best ACDC performer there). He has tons of vids showing how to play ACDC tunes and also gives setup info.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I think that Highway to Hell is played half step down, I'm not sure though.

That's true, I guess you have to go down to Eb but still many 70's ACDC tunes were played like that.