hey guys, in the near future I will be buying a lot of things and I am in need of some help on which way(s) I should route this all up:

Peavey 5150
BBE Sonic Maximizer rack
EQ rack
BOSS TU-2 pedal (tuner)
BOSS NS-2 pedal (noisegate)

I essentially need to know which to put in the effects loop and which to put in front of the amp and in what order.

TIA
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Get an ISP Decimator instead of the NS2
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
All of it in the loop.

Tuner->Probably EQ->Maximizer->gate

Experiment though.
Don't get a Sonic Maximizer. You'll come to hate it in time.

If you're going to get rack gear get the ISP Decimator G-String... it goes in your effects loop and in front at the same time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
try the EQ before the gain/distortion stage of the amp. if you like tweaking you can get very cool tones by using it to shape the distortion. oh, and keep in mind that the rack gear is available in pedal form too so you might want to check that out if you dont have a roadie.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Get an ISP Decimator instead of the NS2

Agreed.
███████████████████████████████████
I already own the BBE, and for right now the NS2 is being used as an example, if I can find an ISP for a good deal then I will def get one, but my budget is going to be pretty tight.

Quote by say-10
All of it in the loop.

Tuner->Probably EQ->Maximizer->gate

Experiment though.

So I wouldnt use any of it in front of the amp? I would have assumed beforehand that the tuner and gate would go in front.

Quote by Say Ocean
I dunno, but the maximizer sounds best in the trash

(zing...)

That's too bad, I always heard BBE made good stuff.
Can someone help me with my original question/issue?

Quote by Raijouta
If you're going to get rack gear get the ISP Decimator G-String... it goes in your effects loop and in front at the same time.

For the sake of clarification. The insanely awesome two channel rackmount version of the ISP Decimator is called the ProRackG. The G-String is a pedal that operates on the same principle, but only offers a single noise reduction state.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
the tuner and gate should go before the amp
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
the tuner and gate should go before the amp

you mean in the effects loop?

nope. guitar --> tuner --> noise gate --> input. that's how i would do it. you can put the noise gate in the loop, but most people put it before the amp. tuner should only be getting a guitar signal, so it should always be the first thing that gets the guitar signal
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
nope. guitar --> tuner --> noise gate --> input. that's how i would do it. you can put the noise gate in the loop, but most people put it before the amp. tuner should only be getting a guitar signal, so it should always be the first thing that gets the guitar signal

Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted to hear .

no problem!
main rig:

Quote by necrosis1193