Hey, I remember finding on some website a book called Guts which was basically abunch of passages of accounts of how these teenagers killed themselves trying to orgasm through dangerous forms of masturbation. I'm trying to find it again, but I'm failing so I'm asking the Pit for assistance.
It's by Chuck Palahniuk

It's actually a short story in a book about people who get trapped in a building and are forced to write books. I think it's called Invisible Monsters.

Whoops it's Haunted.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Jan 26, 2009,
are you talking about the chuck palahihasdljk story with the pool drain?

its only a short story, but its in a book called haunted, which is pure unadulterated crap. i do not, under any circumstances recommend that book to you. seriously, it sucks. like a vacuum.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
are you talking about the chuck palahihasdljk story with the pool drain?

its only a short story, but its in a book called haunted, which is pure unadulterated crap. i do not, under any circumstances recommend that book to you. seriously, it sucks. like a vacuum.

the book as a whole was pretty bad, and i like most of his other books.

but the short stories in Haunted were decent for the most part.
i found that story just last week
that made me quite uncomfortable

ill just stick to my dog licking peanut butter off of my bag
Quote by daytripper75
the book as a whole was pretty bad, and i like most of his other books.

but the short stories in Haunted were decent for the most part.

a few of the stories were ok, but i hate him so much as an author.

its like one (maybe) interesting premise, followed by two hundred pages of repetitive and boring filler, followed by a disappointing ending.

that said, i went out of my way to not read fight club so as not to ruin the movie, that one might be better. even so, all i can imagine when i watch the movie now is him repeating his stupid catchphrases over and over. im glad they didnt overdo it in the movie. i am jacks gag reflex at such unoriginal and boring writing.

but thats just my opinion!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I loved Guts when I read it, it was gross and made me uncomfortable and stuff. It is awful when he tells it though. Chuck Palahiuck's tone of telling the stories is so happy and laughing that it completely neuters the impact of the story.

Black humour

Most of Chuck's books have a really deep meaning to it..
I have yet to discover what the books actually taught me cept for the fact that getting your ass sucked through a pool is probably a bad idea.

Edit: None of them died of masturbation..
Actually only one of them masturbated?
I need to re-read to find out..
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 27, 2009,