Page 1 of 6
I know I'm probably asking for a huge flame wall to be sent my way posting this in the pit, but f*ck it. You know what? I don't care. It's just a game, get the f*ck over it, pit monkeys. We all know it isn't real guitar, but that doesn't mean it's not fun, because it's very fun to play. Plus, no one takes little 14 year old elitist doucheb@gs seriously anyway. I for one have been playing guitar for 3 and a half years and am pretty damn good (at least that's what I've been told), and am also very good at GH and thoroughly enjoy both. And FYI, I started playing real guitar about a year before GH.

Anyway, here's my ultimate wishlist for Guitar Hero 5. I know some, if not most of these may never make it onto the next one or even one of the GH games at all (but thankfully there's DLC for that), but here's what I'd like to see on the next one. I'm sure alot of them are perfectly reasonable choices though. I'm also going to post enough to make a full game (a little more than the 85 songs in the last one), so if you'd like to share your full fantasy wishlist, do the same. At least make it around 60. If you'd also like to focus on one specific artist like they have with GH Aerosmith and Metallica, feel free to do so. Anyway, here's my list, complete with guitar battles. This will also be done in the "Artist- Song" format.

AC/DC- Back In Black
Alestorm- Over The Seas
Alice In Chains- We Die Young
Anthrax- Got The Time
Arthur Smith and Don Reno (from the Deliverance soundtrack)- Dueling Banjos
As I Lay Dying- Nothing Left
Atreyu- Becoming The Bull
The Autumn Offering- Silence And Goodbye
Synester Gates Guitar Battle (1st guitar battle)
Avenged Sevenfold- Bat Country
Billy Squier- The Stroke
Billy Talent- Red Flag
Black Label Society- Suicide Messiah
Black Sabbath- Sweet Leaf
Black Tide- Shockwave
Blind Melon- No Rain
Blink 182- What's My Age Again?
Bob Marley- Jammin'
Boston- Smokin'
Bowling For Soup- 1985
Brad Paisely featuring Keith Urban- Start A Band
Breaking Benjamin- Diary Of Jane
Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch
Bury Your Dead- Hands To Hide The Shame
Bush- Machine Head
Cancer Bats- Harem Of Scorpions
Chevelle- The Red
Citizen King- Better Days (And The Bottom Drops Out)
Coldplay- Violet Hill
Danzig- Crawl Across Your Killing Floor
Days Of The New- Touch, Peel, And Stand
Def Leppard- Rock Of Ages
Dethklok- Fansong
Disturbed- 10,000 Fists
Herman Li Guitar Battle (final song)
Dragonforce- Valley Of The Damned (song that plays during credits)
Drowning Pool- Bodies
Eagle Eye Cherry- Save Tonight
Everclear- I Will Buy You A New Life
Firewind- Into The Fire
Five Finger Death Punch- The Bleeding
Foo Fighters- Learn To Fly
Foreigner- Double Vision
George Thorogood And The Destroyers- Bad To The Bone
Godsmack- Re-align
Goldfinger- 99 Red Balloons
Graveyard BBQ- By The Grace Of The Grill
Greenday- Basket Case
Guns N' Roses- Paradise City
Helloween- The Time Of The Oath
Iced Earth- 10,000 Strong
Incubus- Dig
Iron Maiden- Hallowed Be Thy Name
Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Judas Priest- Metal Meltdown
Glen Tipton Guitar Battle (3rd guitar battle)
Judas Priest- Ram It Down (Judas Priest songs would be played in this order in the 2nd to last set)
Korn- Right Now
Lamb Of God- Again We Rise
Led Zepplin- Stairway To Heaven
Lordi- Devil Is A Loser
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man (Live)
Marylin Manson- The Beautiful People
Mastodon- Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster- Raised By The Tide
Megadeth- Trust
Metallica- Through The Never
Motley Crue- Live Wire
Nirvana- Come As You Are
NOFX- Franco Un-American
The Offspring- The Kids Aren't Alright
Ozzy Osbourne- No More Tears
Pain- Nailed To The Floor
Pantera- Revolution Is My Name
Papa Roach- Getting Away With Murder
Pennywise- Knocked Down
Pink Floyd- Run Like Hell
Queensryche- I Don't Believe In Love
Rammstein- Links 2, 3, 4
Red Hot Chili Peppers- The Zephyr Song
Rev Theory- Hell Yeah
Rise Against- Audience Of One
Rob Zombie- Dead Girl Superstar
Rush- Limelight
Seether- Remedy
Sixx A.M.- Life Is Beautiful
Slipknot- Psychosocial
Smashing Pumpkins- Tarantula
Sonata Arctica- Wolf And Raven
Soundgarden- Rusty Cage
Spiderbait- Black Betty
Stone Sour- Reborn
Stone Temple Pilots- Plush
Sublime- What I Got
Switchfoot- Meant To Live
Symphony X- Set The World On Fire
System Of A Down- Lonely Day
Testament- Sins Of Omission (Live In London Version)
Third Eye Blind- Semi-Charmed Life
Three Days Grace- Riot
Tool- The Pot
Trans-Siberian Orchestra- Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)
Trapt- Headstrong
Unearth- The Chosen
Weezer- The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
The Who- Behind Blue Eyes
Yngwie Malmsteen Guitar Battle (2nd guitar battle)
Yngwie Malmsteen- Rising Force
ZZ Top- Tush
3 Doors Down- When I'm Gone
9 lb. Hammer- Carl's Theme
10 Years- Waking Up
36 Crazyfists- Absent Are The Saints

And there you have it. With the guitar battles, it figures out to just under 100 songs. I believe that with that amount, it'll max out the available disk space. Before a mod closes this for whatever reason, I read over the rules and didn't see anything against "guitar hero wishlist threads".

Anyway, if you feel like engaging in a sane and intelligent guitar hero discussion for once here without all the flames about it being "not real guitar", feel free to post here. Otherwise, take your game bashing crap somewhere else because it really gets annoying quick.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 30, 2009,
I have a good wishlist for Guitar Hero.

It's immediate and extremely painful death.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Last edited by Seryaph at Feb 7, 2009,
I wish it won't get released
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
what a shit list.
███████████████████████████████████
If i still played I would want the garden of eden by GNR to be on there. that would be fun as hell. also panic attack by dream theater
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by Seryaph
I have a good wishlist for Guitar Hero.

It's immediate and extremely painful death.

Seriously, did you not read before you posted?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I wish it would **** off and die, frankly. I'm not just saying that to hop the band wagon of anti guitar hero fags, I'm actually saying this because once GH is gone, we won't have anymore anti guitar hero fags complaining all the time about how "its not reel enuf" or that bull****.

/rant
Lonely Day?

And entire discography of amazing System music, and you picked Lonely Day?

You can't be serious.

And as for the battles, I love A7x, but Synester doesn't deserve his own battle. Herman ESPECIALLY doesn't deserve his own battle.

Holy crap, a Billy Talent song would be great, but I think Red Flag could be something better too. Hello? Fallen Leaves? How could you not think of that?

I'm also insulted you left out Rise Against. They've had a song in GH III, GH:WT, and RB2. They'd better have a damn song in GH5.

Props for throwing in some NOFX, though again, a more appropriate song could probably be found. Seeing Double at the Triple Rock would be great.

Goldfinger's 99 Red Balloons Go By cover? Awesome.

My attention span is wearing out at this point though, so I'll just say this about GH5:

Less of the stupid, wide-ranging bullshit. Give me my GUITAR hero back. I don't want to see something in the ballpark of facking La Bamba on the next one. Keep it more in the realm of rock, similar to your list here.
Last edited by archangels666 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by dubstar92

What the f*ck are you on a guitar site for if you don't like any of those artists or songs?
did you really type all that out?

seriously dude, seriously.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by imdeth
Anal Cunt.

Every song.

This.

I'd quite like a hell of alot of grindcore or equally heavy **** on there, although with plenty of tech stuff, moar between the buried and me, the number twelve looks like you etc.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Zugunruhe
did you really type all that out?

seriously dude, seriously.

some people have alot of time. and those people can only play through expert so many times, HAVE SOME RESPECT.
Quote by archangels666
I think Red Flag could be something better too. Hello? Fallen Leaves? How could you not think of that?

I'm also insulted you left out Rise Against. They've had a song in GH III, GH:WT, and RB2. They'd better have a damn song in GH5.

I don't really know too much by either of them, although they're both very good. I've just been lazy and haven't checked out their other stuff. Honestly, Red Flag is the only song by Billy Talent I know. I basically went through my itunes and picked the best songs (IMO) by the artists I have that I thought would be fun and/or challenging to play.

Also on Synester Gates, I figured since he's regarded as one of the best out there by kids today (he's really good, IMO, but by far not the best), that people would enjoy seeing him having his own guitar battle.
Quote by Helloween_rox
What the f*ck are you on a guitar site for if you don't like any of those artists or songs?

I actually didn't read your ridiculously long and pointless text. I was just joking around saying I hope Guitar Hero 5 doesn't get released. I honestly couldn't care less about the game either way.
grok it.

SKREAM!

to become nonexistent
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by dubstar92

My God, That would be great.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
In all seriousness, Cannibal Corpse - I Cum Blood.

John Butler Trio - Ocean would be pretty sweet, but I highly doubt it.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by dubstar92
I actually didn't read your ridiculously long and pointless text.= too lazy to fkn read something just because it's a bit long. I wonder how you fare with a simple book?

I was just joking around saying I hope Guitar Hero 5 doesn't get released. I honestly couldn't care less about the game either way.

As for the second one, sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet and I didn't catch that.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
to not b made and for the serious to go away and stop ruining generations of musicians

Seriously, stop being an ignorant elitist douchebag. I've seen more kids pick up a real guitar because of this game than for any other reason. How old are you anyway, you bandwagoning ass? 12? 13?
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 27, 2009,
Needs some Paul Gilbert.

Actually, I think a wicked duel and then play a Gilbert pop song would be funny. I mean, Scit Scat Wah after that, but y'know...
Quote by Helloween_rox
As for the second one, sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet and I didn't catch that.

it's alright I can understand not getting the sarcasm. But actually I read quite a lot. Reading comprehension and retention is one of my strongest traits. I just don't tend to read things I don't care about, an example would be your post. So please don't insult me for no particular reason.
grok it.

SKREAM!

More Dream theater (Under the Glass Moon would be awesome), Steve Vai (Bad Horsie), Yngwie Malmsteen (Arpeggios from Hell), PAUL ****ING GILBERT (Scarified, Technical Difficulties, even some of the songs he sings, like Superloud or The Second Loudest Guitar in the World), Journey would be pretty cool, Pink Floyd (Specifically, Time) Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton would be pretty cool too.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by dubstar92
it's alright I can understand not getting the sarcasm. But actually I read quite a lot. Reading comprehension and retention is one of my strongest traits. I just don't tend to read things I don't care about, an example would be your post. So please don't insult me for no particular reason.

Ok, well I'm sorry about that. It's just that people that really are insulting GH and being elitist douchebags because it's "not reel gitar" tend to grind on my nerves after a very short period of time. Hmm, not real guitar you say? NO F*CKING ****, SHERLOCK!
Quote by Helloween_rox
Seriously, stop being an ignorant elitist douchebag. I've seen more kids pick up a real guitar because of this game than for any other reason. How old are you anyway, you bandwagoning ass? 12? 13?

18, big $hit, and fyi i hated gh b4 i played, second im not being an iletest douchebag, third i openly hated gh in a town that worships it as the next masiah, 4th im the last person to hop on a bandwagon, and last 90% or thos people who pick up guitars have no talent, never will have talent, and r doing nothing but being ignorant pricks that things mad skillz in gh equals guitar god. so b4 u start insulting me u should think first big shot. and how old r u? 15?
I also switched my Judas Priest choice from Ram It Down to Metal Meltdown.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
18, big $hit, and fyi i hated gh b4 i played, second im not being an iletest douchebag, third i openly hated gh in a town that worships it as the next masiah, 4th im the last person to hop on a bandwagon, and last 90% or thos people who pick up guitars have no talent, never will have talent, and r doing nothing but being ignorant pricks that things mad skillz in gh equals guitar god. so b4 u start insulting me u should think first big shot. and how old r u? 15?

Mistakes in bold, irony in red.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Last edited by dubstar92 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by bass-boy-garith

What?
I want to know why people on both sides get so upset...Over a game?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by Cianyx
What?

....i spend too much time on msn and type too fast...and i occasionally use obrivations that know one else uses....