OK I have had my PRS SE singlecut for over a year and about to upgrade my cheep practice amp to a flextone III. I like this guitar but I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them. If so what things would you change first.

I'm thinking
1. bridge (it has a wraparound bridge) what do you guys think of this http://www.guitarcenter.com/TonePros-Wraparound-PRS-Bridge-and-Locking-Stud-Set-300242-i1374132.gc

2.Tuners (The ones on it feel kinda loose but it holds tune pretty good so not priority but would like a nice set of locking tuners)

3. Pickups ( I haven't got to play this on a good amp but I'm pretty sure this is one place that PRS cheeped out on to get the price down) Any advice here would be great.

I am mostly just looking for simple mods to make this guitar hold the setup better when I take it to the shop. I guess if I had to pick a sound for the pickups it would be Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson Cliffs of Dover, Santana style stuff. I'm open for any recommendations though.

Sorry for such a long thread.
I stay up all night practicing.

'http://grou ps.ultimate-guita r.com/latenightpr actice/'
You can fix your sig by taking out the space at the end of .

As for your guitar, yeah tonepros makes great stuff.

I would talk to LP Addict in my sig, he can get you discounts on things from www.allparts.com .

EDIT: Ah the ninja beat me to it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
if your guitar holds tune well then the pickups first, then some locking tuners.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
if your guitar holds tune well then the pickups first, then some locking tuners.

i did two years of culinary school,
and got offered a 50/50 scholarship to CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and I was the head presentation chef/show chef of a wedding catering company performing cooking shows in front of hundreds at age 17.

i think i may be a chef?
Quote by LP Addict
i did two years of culinary school,
and got offered a 50/50 scholarship to CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and I was the head presentation chef/show chef of a wedding catering company performing cooking shows in front of hundreds at age 17.

i think i may be a chef?

i'm self taught. you're probably more knowledgeable than i am. but seeing as it was a unique idea at the time, i dubbed myself "UG's One and Only Chef"
i guess i'm not the only one then

Quote by Øttər
^ I'm a chef.

Change your sig NAO.

LMAO

damn 2 of you guys!?!?!?
oh well, the more the merrier
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by LP Addict
im not a chef anymore, i decided i hate working with mexicans, i do miss the 16 dollars an hour though....

for the sake of not ruining the TS's thread and starting a flame war. i'll leave peacefully
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
hahaha no worries man, they all hated me, i had a high paying job and i was 17, they were making 9 dollars an hour and had been there for like 5 years, and they didnt speak english, so they were assholes to me.
Quote by LP Addict
hahaha no worries man, they all hated me, i had a high paying job and i was 17, they were making 9 dollars an hour and had been there for like 5 years, and they didnt speak english, so they were assholes to me.

well if you get that description minus the ethnicity, people will be assholes. just think about it. you work at a luthier shop, some noob comes in and within a year got more pay, promotion, ect. than you did in 5 years. you'll probably be pissed too

anyways, how long have you been a luthier? i was thinking of getting a custom guitar but i don't feel like dropping 3 grand just because it's from ESP or something.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
about 6 months. i dont know, im one of those people that will try something, be good at it, then go all out and buy everytthing i could possibly need for it. haha. I worked with a rocking chair maker, and i have a big appreciation for wood, so i dont put finished on my guitars, i lose alot of customers for that reason, but they are all people who want black guitars and floyd roses and emgs for metal because they are talentless morons.
yeah i'm the same. i started as a dishwasher, got promoted to cook. i didnt give a rat's ass at first but then i got into it. from there i bought just about every kitchen tool i could get my hands on. same thing with cars, guitars....

i love the look of natural wood
what's your price range for future reference?
i'm considering getting a custom made guitar by teh end of the year
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Thanks!!! I will definitely hit you up LP Addict. Thanks Ottar Ill fix my sig.

So for pickups any ideas?

Don't worry about hijacking my thread as long as you contribute a little even a laugh.

Last edited by Tobacco Stain at Jan 27, 2009,
what kind of tone are you after?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Tobacco Stain
I guess if I had to pick a sound for the pickups it would be Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson Cliffs of Dover, Santana style stuff. I'm open for any recommendations though.

this

Quote by Tobacco Stain
this

my bad

try a Paf in the neck with a Tone zone.
that combo sounds nice,
try waiting to see if steven_seagull stops by, he should be able to help you out more
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Thanks I'm kinda diging the Fred tone zone combo. I don't know anything about pickups. Thanks for the help Ill be looking into the dimarzio line for sure.

So many pickups to choose from.
I realy need some versitile pikups that work well with the flextone III.