Ok so i've been using .010 Boomer strings for a year, never tryed anything else as these were recomened to me by my instructor. Well, today my friends told me to go for .011 Erdile Dills.

So, my question is.. what is the difference between .010 and .011? I know .011 is thicker, but is their any sound difference or anything?

Thanks!
what kind of guitar do you have? is it a floyd rose model? one thing i have found is that when using floyd equipped guitars they will feel like xx.5 (with xx being the gauge of strings you will use.)

11's usually will have a little more bass response, mostly on acoustics, but on electrics it is all about feel.

my suggestion, buy both and try both, but when putting them on and removing them, don't cut anything (unless you have a floyd, then cut the ball off the end), that way if you prefer one to the other you can put them back on.

i personally use D'addario on all my guitars, because they are exactly what i want in strings, i have 9's on my Jackson (floyd rose guitar), 10's on my Les Paul and E335 copy, and 11's on my acoustic.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

what in the world is Erdile Dills ?

.11's will be a little stiffer and give a fatter sound (imo)
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The sound is thicker, less chance of breaking, stays in tune better, harder to bend, harder on your fingers.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
your guitar will sound "heavier" due to the thicker strings and you'll have stronger string tension, making it just a little bit harder to bend notes. and you'll be able to drop tune a bit without having strings being to floppy
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
it will also put more tension on your neck (if you have heavier strings).. which could be bad if you don't know how to adjust it.

If you have a floyd rose.. dont change gauge.. it's too painful D:
Quote by Nickthemusician
it will also put more tension on your neck (if you have heavier strings).. which could be bad if you don't know how to adjust it.

If you have a floyd rose.. dont change gauge.. it's too painful D:

changing string gauge on a floyd is not that bad, if you know what you are doing, if however you do not know what you are doing, or are inexperienced, then yes it will be a pain in the ass.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

in that case no need to worry about floyds and such, just change strings as you normally would. work of warning though, if you do a significant gauge swap (9's-12's for instance) it can warp your neck.

i suggest you try the 10's, as when you go into a guitar store and ask for a set of regular guitar strings that is most likely what they will give you.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

If you don't want to adjust the neck, truss rod, bridge, or anything like that, just tune a half step down, solves any problems you might have. And as for the big difference? TONE!!! 11's sound way better than 9's, and a little better than 10's, but as it has been stated before me, they are harder to bend. Another problem solved when you tune a half step down
I'm using 11's right now. Huge step up from the 9's I was using before. Next time I get electric strings, I'm gonna go up to either 12's or 13's. Being an acoustic player as well as an electric player, even 11's on my electric are much easier to bend than the 11's on my acoustic.

The thicker strings will give you a fuller, creamier sound. Not only that, but heavier strings will make your hands/fingers stronger.

Just for reference, SRV used between 11's and 18's throughout his life. He usually used 13's, I think. And he did some serious bending.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
all about 12s man
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
I quite like 11s on a strat. They don't feel much harder to bend than 10s and the guitar seems to resonate more with them.
Stay on the 10's imo. It's the feel that you're used to, and moving up will take quite a bit to get used to, esp on a strat (25.5 scale). On an SG (24.75 scale, less tension) in standard or dropped D, I prefer 10-52's, which are essentially halfway btw 10's & 11's.

If you even had to ask, it means you're likely unfamiliar with how to adjust your guitars action (truss rod & bridge). If you swap to 11's you'll have to do that (or pay to have it done) and adjust the bridge saddles for it to intonate properly.
I used to use 9's, then 10's, now 11's, i've been using 11s for about 2/3 months now. There alot lot nicer, nicer tone, nicer to play on etc. I use the GHS FastFrets on them which i bought yesterday, it works nice. Lets me play alot faster and you can slide from one end of the board to the other so easily.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination