Hey everyone.

Today at practice my footswitch for my 3 channel dual rectum fire started giving me problems, out of nowhere. My red channel button isn't working every time. It all of a sudden wont respond about every 4/10 times. This is a huge problem for me as I change channels A LOT. (I like diversity ) It doesn't matter what channel I'm coming from it just doesn't respond. I have a show next week (With The Sleeping & Funeral For a Friend - pretty big!) And I can't afford the $130 Mesa charges right now, nor can I wait for the shipping time. HELPPPP if anyone knows a fix or has any other suggestions!

Thanks - steve
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
I don't think it would be the cable if it's ONLY the red channel... would it?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Hmm, dont know. It could be. Could you try another cable, then you'll know for sure.
Quote by littlephil
Hmm, dont know. It could be. Could you try another cable, then you'll know for sure.

that doesn't seem like it'd change anything but what do i know.
thats why i'm asking for help haha! well i'll try it anyways if i can find a cable that fits
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by tAkE iT aWay <3
i like your band =]

sorry i cant help with the problem.

thanks! that means more than helping with stupid footswitch!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Perhaps it's a sticky switch? Try spraying some contact cleaner/WD40 on it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Mitchell?
Ask around to see if you can borrow a footswitch for the gig, just in case.
I assume it will have to be a 3 channel rectifier switch, right?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by Raijouta
Perhaps it's a sticky switch? Try spraying some contact cleaner/WD40 on it.

Will WD40 rust it at all? It doesnt seem sticky, more the opposite. it just doesn't activate, not like it get stuck on any certain channel.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
I assume it will have to be a 3 channel rectifier switch, right?

Yeah, you'll most likely have to find someone with the exact same footswitch, but another Mesa Boogie footswitch might work.
If you haven't checked craigslist for a used one it's worth a try. An amp technician may be able to fix it.

On another note "rectum fire" made me lol
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Quote by Mitchell?
Yeah, you'll most likely have to find someone with the exact same footswitch, but another Mesa Boogie footswitch might work.

Haha I know absolutely no one with this particular amp. My drummer does own a Peavy JSX I think it's called? Maybe I'll test that out a bit if I can't find another one.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
Will WD40 rust it at all?

The WD part stands for "water displacement", the 40 being the 40th attempt to come up with it, so it's actually used to prevent rust.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by goshinbi
If you haven't checked craigslist for a used one it's worth a try. An amp technician may be able to fix it.

On another note "rectum fire" made me lol

I did try craigslist and there was only a 2 channel. Hmm maybe I'll look around for a technician. Is there a name for these 'amplifier technicians' or would you recommend calling a regular old luthier?

The worst part about this is taking it off my pedal board. This thing as been stuck to it for about a year and a half now. And when I pull that velcro apart nothings gonna want to stick to it again
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by Raijouta
The WD part stands for "water displacement", the 40 being the 40th attempt to come up with it, so it's actually used to prevent rust.

Haha well I hope your right. Little kids come into my shop all the time asking me how to fix their skateboard bearings they wd40'd that are now locked in place.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
go in and check the connections one of the wires may have come loose which would explain the sometimes working a if would move thus sometimes contacting.

The cable from the pedal to the head seems to be fine, do you mean inside of the pedal? There seems to be no screws on it (from what I can remember) is there a way to take it apart without breaking it? haha I guess there must be...
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
I did try craigslist and there was only a 2 channel. Hmm maybe I'll look around for a technician. Is there a name for these 'amplifier technicians' or would you recommend calling a regular old luthier?

The worst part about this is taking it off my pedal board. This thing as been stuck to it for about a year and a half now. And when I pull that velcro apart nothings gonna want to stick to it again

I am sure there is a better name which I don't know. If you know a respectable luthier they might be able to fix it or point you in the right direction.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Quote by guitar-godfrey
tripple post in 5 mins, dude i dont mean to be mean but please use the edit button.

I was responding to 3 different people... It doesn 't really make any MORE sense to quote 3 different people in one post than to respond to each one individually, as they're basically 3 different conversations. Just like this, would I be expected to respond to this in one of those last posts? :stickpoke
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by goshinbi
I am sure there is a better name which I don't know. If you know a respectable luthier they might be able to fix it or point you in the right direction.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

This isn't a double post, is it?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Not sure how much help this will Be But This is the nearest authorized mesa Repair dealer to you. If your in Draper it's in Provo. Only 28 miles away.

Dealer Address Phone

Michael Christensen 1969 S Nevada Ave Provo UT 84606 (801) 358-5939

This is str8 from mesas website. Hope this helps.

How old is your amp? Is it still under warranty?

As far as what wrong with it your switch might have some dirt in the contacts. Mine does that from time to time. It's almost like you have to tap the switch hard and fast to get it to turn the channel on.

Also love your music! Hope you go far with it, especially with that singer shes got a killer voice.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
Not sure how much help this will Be But This is the nearest authorized mesa Repair dealer to you. If your in Draper it's in Provo. Only 28 miles away.

Dealer Address Phone

Michael Christensen 1969 S Nevada Ave Provo UT 84606 (801) 358-5939

This is str8 from mesas website. Hope this helps.

How old is your amp? Is it still under warranty?

As far as what wrong with it your switch might have some dirt in the contacts. Mine does that from time to time. It's almost like you have to tap the switch hard and fast to get it to turn the channel on.

Also love your music! Hope you go far with it, especially with that singer shes got a killer voice.

Oh man, thank you so much. I will definitely check them out tomorrow. And that sounds pretty close to my problem.

And I can't thank you enough for the comment about my band, it means a lot.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)