so i'm planning a flying V build, and i have a few questions and i figured this would be the best place to ask. excuse the crappy quality, its a little out of scale, but i made this on paint with no pictures to work off when i was bored at work.

specs:
5-piece neck through, maple/(not sure yet)
ebony board
24 frets
alder body
modified neck heel
beveled edges
OFR
evo bridge pickup
fernandes sustainer

my first question is, does anyone know where i can get 5-piece neck through blanks?

second, would i have to create some tyoe of neck angle to keep the action reasonable?

im sure i'll have more questions, thanks in advance.

im open to criticism, but please, no flaming.

thanks alot, let me know what you guys think
Quote by JesusLives
Yeah, but it's supposed to look funny. You don't want your guitar looking funny. Unless it's a squier, then you don't have a choice.
1: LP Addict

2: For the Floyd Rose, you have to either recess it or make neck angle.
Note: Recessing and routing for pullups are completly different
lol, im hoping LP brings his knowledge to this thread, and as far as the floyd, i will be recessing and routing out so i can pull up, possibly even a lions claw just for the heck of it.
Quote by JesusLives
Yeah, but it's supposed to look funny. You don't want your guitar looking funny. Unless it's a squier, then you don't have a choice.
1: As far as I know, you can't go out and get 5 piece blanks, you'd have to make one yourself or get someone to make one for you. Talk to LPAddict, he'll make you a 5-piece neck that's tough as nails.
2. Probably not, an OFR mounted flush on the body shouldn't require a neck pitch. But, to make sure, use this calculator (link)

I dunno if it's just me, but the pictures you made make the guitar look kinda disproportionate...like the neck is too thin, the body to big and the headstock too small. But hey, I dunno if that's just how you want it or not, so w/e.

Good luck with your build
thanks for the link, like i said, its out of proportion lol, i will be creating a resized, redone template once i get a better program, paint just isnt gnna cut it
Quote by JesusLives
this sounds cool.
are you gonna go with that black and white paint job, or something else?
was thinkin about it, definatly white with black bevels, but im nt sure about the stripes. what do you think?
Quote by JesusLives
gimme a tick i'll dig up a design i made awhile ago that i reckon was sick as ****
sweet, im open for ideas, im broke as hell right now, but this is my next big project, im open to ideas
Quote by JesusLives
Found it

I was gonna do that, as a Warmoth kinda thing, but changed my mind, i reckon its pretty slick
that is cool, i like the paint, i might go in ad redo some stuff... what did you use to make that? all i hav is paint, and it kinda sucks lol
Quote by JesusLives
i used the JCF builder for that one
http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/JCFCustomShop.htm

theres also Kisekae, which has a heap of shapes
http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

have fun
cool thanks, ill get updated stuff soon, i actually overlaid min over yours, and it looks like im not too far off with my dimentions

Quote by JesusLives
That actually looks pretty slick, the horizontal and vertical lines i mean, with the black bevels
how do u save the pics from the JFC site? i have an idea that i want to post
Quote by JesusLives
you press print screen, then paste into paint. Save, stick it on some image sharing site, then get the link to post it here
think the one one one bottom, with the bevels from the top one. with my body shape and headstock

Quote by JesusLives
Thats pretty cool, the finishing will be bitch though, just solely for the taping off your gonna have to do. It'd deffo be worth the effort though
Getting away from paintwork, why an Alder body? I'd have thought Mahogany or something rarer depending on the tones you want. I've had a 1-piece Walnut which was amazing and a guy I know has the same guitar in 1-piece rosewood, which is even better. Both with Ebony boards.
well, i was planning on alder just for the weight, i already have 2 mahogany guitars, and this one will be fairly large. but depending on what i can find, i may go with mahogany. i've looked into a some premade neck blanks from doeringer guitars, and they look good, but im going to contact LP before i buy from anyone else, im thinkin 5 piece maple/walnut for the neck, and i may go witha baritone scale, i want this to be something a bit different from what i currently have.

to tele, the paint shouldnt be too tough, ill just do the white, then tape off for the rising sun and the bevels, and lay down the black. should work fine. im still on the fence about what im gnna do for the paint tho,i gotta get it built before i worry about that too much lol.
Quote by JesusLives
The way it's drawn, it makes me think of a KxK Warrior V mixed with a RR. I like it
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores