Well, I have a Marshall MG30DFX and it does the job, but lately if I play something on clean when it's not loud at all after 10 seconds the volume will swell and cut out then it will do it another 10 seconds later. I'm not sure what it is, I use a lot of reverb and bass but I don't know if thats the problem, I'm sure it's the amp, I checked.
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Another typical MG reliability issue. As Horlicks said, it's stuffed. Since it's a solid stste, it could be a number of problems, most likely the speaker or a variable resistor crapping out. Either, get it serviced or replace that piece of crap.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
It's a MG. Duh.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Lurcher
Transformer!

Robots in disguise!

...sorry.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its a really common thing with MGs. You can waste the money fixing it so the next electric gremlin in line can assert itself. Or you can shop around and buy a better more reliable amp.
Well, I've had for a bit more than a year so I don't know, I'm trying make last as long as I can so I can get a really decent amp later on, I'm focusing on getting the other accessories I need, I'm not doing any performing or anything so I'm not that worried.

I told my dad and he said he'll take it to get fixed, if it doesn't get fixed he will get me a new amp.

Does anyone know about decent 30w-50w amps that are like around $800AU?
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

It is most likely broken. You probably want to take this event as a message from God to take the opportunity and replace it. However, if it is still under warranty, look into getting it replaced.

Quote by Dimster Ds
Well, I've had for a bit more than a year so I don't know, I'm trying make last as long as I can so I can get a really decent amp later on, I'm focusing on getting the other accessories I need, I'm not doing any performing or anything so I'm not that worried.

I told my dad and he said he'll take it to get fixed, if it doesn't get fixed he will get me a new amp.

Does anyone know about decent 30w-50w amps that are like around $800AU?

How much is the TT used in Australia? It might be in your range.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
used?!?!?!?

yeah man i feel sorry for them, they get completely screwed on prices down there

To TS:

what genres do you play?
do you need volume? (i think you said you don't, but just to be certain)
maybe a guideline as to what other stuff goes for over there?
can you go used?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I'm not to sure about used amps, you don't really what you could be getting.

I mostly play metal, I also like to use a lot of cleans, my current amp can do that but it's unreliable.

Well, I play it in a 3x5m room or something, so volume isn't much a prob but I might need the volume loud now and then for various reasons.

I also use a BOSS MT-2 through it as well.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Last edited by Dimster Ds at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by Tackleberry
Its a really common thing with MGs. You can waste the money fixing it so the next electric gremlin in line can assert itself. Or you can shop around and buy a better more reliable amp.

Tackleberry knows his ****. Listen to him.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Dimster Ds
I'm not to sure about used amps, you don't really what you could be getting.

I mostly play metal, I also like to use a lot of cleans, my current amp can do that but it's unreliable.

Well, I play it in a 3x5m room or something, so volume isn't much a prob but I might need the volume loud now and then for various reasons.

I also use a BOSS MT-2 through it as well.

Most used amps will be OK. I know the guy who runs Music Swop Shop, he doesn't take anything that isn't in good condition.

If you must buy new, though, save up $200 more for a Randall RG50TC.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales