Page 1 of 2

That's right...

It's happened to nearly all of us... A true gear-related horrorstory!

Changing strings, and one snaps into your eye?

New amp was fried?; leaving you out a load of cash?

Neck of your bass snaps... ON STAGE!?!

Tell your own ....

gear-related horrorstory!
I bought an ESP Horizon... and the bridge pick-up stopped working after a few weeks!!!!

I've yet to bother resoldering it
i once mistaked a roomba vacuum cleaner for one of those virtual sex toy robots.

.....it wasnt that bad, but now the roomba follows me around everywhere.
I have no opinion on this matter.
My head may have fallen off due to the carelessness of a friend, thus smashing every single one of the 10 valves.

But not much beyond that.
I have a habit of leaving my gear at shows, which is pretty horrifying for me.
I left my friends Soundcity head at a venue before, and we didn't notice till 5 days after, surprisingly I went back to the place and it was in the exact same place I left it, completely untouched, which was a sigh of relief for me!
I also left my guitar at my old bands last show early in October, amazingly it was found, again in the exact same place I left it, two days ago, and I'll be getting it back today!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
My amp has zapped me when i unplugged it once
the string snapping and hitting you in the eye actually happened to me too...
other than that, nothing much...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG 81/85)
Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Behringer OD 100 Distortion/Overdrive
Beringher FX 600 Digital Multi FX
string got lodged in my arm, OCTOPUS MANNN
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
string got lodged in my arm, OCTOPUS MANNN

Strings are an ass for that! I've picked up my friends guitar by the headstock before and got a finger full of string, it's like a fricking scorpion.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I tried to do that thing where you swing your guitar around you..
Apparently my strap wasn't made to do that
Quote by dancesisidance
I have a habit of leaving my gear at shows, which is pretty horrifying for me.
I left my friends Soundcity head at a venue before, and we didn't notice till 5 days after, surprisingly I went back to the place and it was in the exact same place I left it, completely untouched, which was a sigh of relief for me!
I also left my guitar at my old bands last show on october 13th, amazingly it was found, again in the exact same place I left it, two days ago, and I'll be getting it back today!

The Exact same place? Well boys and girls, wasn't that a chilling horror story?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Cianyx
I tried to do that thing where you swing your guitar around you..
Apparently my strap wasn't made to do that

The amount of times I've seen that happen is incredible, this one time the guy put a huge dent in the ceiling with his headstock.

Quote by Julz127
The Exact same place? Well boys and girls, wasn't that a chilling horror story?

Well the outcome is pretty tame, but you try leaving your friends gear somewhere and having him ready to kick your ass!

Quote by MightyAl
Last edited by dancesisidance at Jan 27, 2009,
I was using my full rig. A conventional Roost head on a tall 4x12, and I put my Yale as pre-amp on blocks on top of all to ensure air flow. Didn't the Yale slide off and hit me in the back during the into to Born to be Wild?

Worst time with gear was getting to a venue with that giant 4x12 and being told band entrance was at the top of an outside spiral staircase. In the rain.
I was playing a gig once in an old upturned boat which is now a tiny hall and things got a bit mental, people started throwing things and a bottle hit my guitar's headstock. Someone grabbed a ceiling beam and ripped it down on the same night. Police came and we got fined. I also blew up a Bad Monkey by plugging in a 15v power supply but that's not really a horror story, that's a relief.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Jan 27, 2009,
Once, I was playing my guitar and then I looked at my amp, and I noted that it was facing my door. So looked down and kept playing and when i looked up, IT WAS FACING MY WALL!!! I was like holy **** and then while I was distracted my guitar strangled me to death with a paper bag.
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
Once, I was playing my guitar and then I looked at my amp, and I noted that it was facing my door. So looked down and kept playing and when i looked up, IT WAS FACING MY WALL!!! I was like holy **** and then while I was distracted my guitar strangled me to death with a paper bag.

I hate it when mine does that.
RULE BRITANNIA
I bought a Rocktron Silver Dragon....

Well, actually I one left my amp of stand by for like the whole night, when I woke up I thought I fried it.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i once mistaked a roomba vacuum cleaner for one of those virtual sex toy robots.

.....it wasnt that bad, but now the roomba follows me around everywhere.

I have my daily LOL. Thankyou.

I had my neck snap when I tried to do the swinging round your body thing and it hit the wall next to me with some force.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I was playing my bass happily, until I heard a strange voice say "say hellow to my little fwiends!!!" Next thing I knew, the strap snapped and the side of my face was getting personally introduced to four oversized Fender style tuners.

I swiftly hacked the bass into 7 pieces and buried it in a pet cemetary.
Here's a gear horror story. This one time I was playing my bass in my room, and I heard someone calling my name. I checked the house but nobody was there, so I went back to playing bass. Then I heard it again - and it was apparent that my bass was calling me.
After that, it started speaking to me...I 'm pretty sure it was in latin. The funny thing was that my amp is 100 miles away and there were no electronics on in the area.
I'm currently trying to translate the message.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by roshjosh

That's right...

It's happened to nearly all of us... A true METAL gear-related horrorstory!

Changing weapons, and a genome soldier spots you and clubs you with an exclamation mark?
Aresenal's GW was fried?; leaving you stranded on top of the damn thing to fight REX?
Stealth camouflage breaks...ON THE HUDSON RIVER...2 YEARS AGO!?!

Tell your own ....

METAL gear-related horrorstory!

I just improved your thread a hell of a lot...
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
i tried a line6 spider III
most horrible two minutes of my life
"Everybody must get stoned!" - Bob Dylan

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Here's a gear horror story. This one time I was playing my bass in my room, and I heard someone calling my name. I checked the house but nobody was there, so I went back to playing bass. Then I heard it again - and it was apparent that my bass was calling me

THEN WHO WAS PHONE???
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq

I thank God for the daily lolz.
Quote by fanjeera

You beat me by one minute and 59 seconds....
i dont know how it happend but i was playing my bros bass, the E string snapped and whipped me across the face, most painful thing ever
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I blew a fuse in my laney once at a gig. Luckily I had brought spares.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by rancidryan
i dont know how it happend but i was playing my bros bass, the E string snapped and whipped me across the face, most painful thing ever

Was he your real bro or a street bro?
RULE BRITANNIA
Not really a horror story, but we had a cable fail during a sound check. So we had 20 minutes to trace the cable down. It was just a pain in the ass. But I guess thats what sound checks are for
Nothing major, just hitting my self in the head with a les paul custom.
and that same les paul breaking.
Quote by fanjeera

At least you only had to try it. It's my first amp that I got for Christmas a year ago from my grandparents. I was like "Oh sweet, this thing looks awesome". Plugged it in, hit the insane button, and my ears bled.

Still trying to find the sweet spot on the metal channel until I get an effects pedal.
Quote by Alex Vik
At least you only had to try it. It's my first amp that I got for Christmas a year ago from my grandparents. I was like "Oh sweet, this thing looks awesome". Plugged it in, hit the insane button, and my ears bled.

Still trying to find the sweet spot on the metal channel until I get an effects pedal.

Yeah, good luck with that.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Yeah, good luck with that.

Thanks, I'll be needing it.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq

So I was in this band and the drummer really sucked. I was trying to make the band fun so I decided to pour a beer on my bassist and then he got electrocuted! They kicked me out of the band, but now they really suck. They really think they're great but everyone with a brain knows my new band is better. They went downhill after their album St.Anger
Who am I?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Last edited by username94 at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by username94
So I was in this band and the drummer really sucked. I was trying to make the band fun so I decided to pour a beer on my bassist and then he got electrocuted! They kicked me out of the band, but now they really suck. They really think they're great but everyone with a brain knows my new band is better. They went downhill after their album St.Anger
Who am I?

Danny Elfman, of course.
Page 1 of 2