ive been looking into getting a gretsch electromatic, which would be best for mainly the raconteurs sound? i already have a epi sheraton so im not too keen on another semi-acoustic at the moment

im thinking the corvette, double jet, jet or possibly double cut hollowbody
im also in the process of getting a new amp and some pedals
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
Peavey something or other
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
In the White Stripes he uses an original Sears Montgomery Airline guitar, not an Eastwood. Originals cost around £5000, Eastwoods are more affordable copies that look exactly the same and sound very similar.
In the Raconteurs, Jack White plays a Gretsch 'Triple Jet'. It's a custom-built guitar he had made for him by a luthier with an extra middle pickup (I think they're all TV Jones filtertrons) among other things. But to all intents and purposes, it's a double-cutaway duo jet. So if you want to sound like him in the Raconteurs, get a duo jet and a Big Muff.
Quote by FunkedUp
In the White Stripes he uses an original Sears Montgomery Airline guitar, not an Eastwood. Originals cost around £5000, Eastwoods are more affordable copies that look exactly the same and sound very similar.
In the Raconteurs, Jack White plays a Gretsch 'Triple Jet'. It's a custom-built guitar he had made for him by a luthier with an extra middle pickup (I think they're all TV Jones filtertrons) among other things. But to all intents and purposes, it's a double-cutaway duo jet. So if you want to sound like him in the Raconteurs, get a duo jet and a Big Muff.

Go with him, he actually knows what he's talking about
ok thanks for the help
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
which would be better out of the corvette or the new patrick stump signature corvette, pats has 3 pickups, so would that suit better or no?
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
I would go with the Stump Corvette.
It is a tiny bit more versatile, and very nice looking.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ibanez Jet Kings are cool too. Not the same model as what Jack really plays, but in the same style, and are good guitars.
Quote by 5dilloneastoe
which would be better out of the corvette or the new patrick stump signature corvette, pats has 3 pickups, so would that suit better or no?

I'm really glad to see someone open minded enough to consider that guitar. I say go for teh Stump-O-Matic, it'll nail the sound you're looking for. The killswitch is going to be useful because you'll have a LOT of weird feedback if you crank the fuzz like jack does.

Don't get an eastwood, they look awesome but sound NOTHING like Jack's guitars. They don't even have single coil pickups like his have. I have one, and I love it, but it's just not right for that sound. Get the Stump Corvette.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^^I thought the eastwood airlines came with the single coil pickups? Eastwood sell them separately from their site.
will it be available in england? im guessing about £500
Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton
in recent years jack white has made a switch from airline to gretsch. with the raconteurs he uses a gretsch three pickup double cut jet, called the Triple Jet. you see him use this in the later years of the white stripes (in the "Icky Thump" music video) and all though the raconteurs. also he uses a gretsch in the music video for the new quantum of solace music video.

ive tried out the low end gretsches and they sounds really nice. I myself thought of getting the double cut jet.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
You know, I tried the Electromatic Double Jet at a music store a few weeks ago... it's fantastic. Unbeleivable.
Jack white has recently started using a gretsch white penguin
Quote by FunkedUp

If I'm not mistaken the Triple Jet only has two pickups, the middle being an empty case with some kind of funny wiring in it.

EDIT: It's a pickup booster, and not actually a Gretsch, it was designed by Jack and made by Randy Parsons.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Oct 8, 2010,