ok im pretty new to amps and such. so i would just like to know whats the difference between a 10w amp and a 15w amp? im torn between getting a cheaper 10w orange crush or a slightly pricier orange crush 15R
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
The obvious difference is the extra 5 Watts.

Also, I believe the 15R comes with added Reverb.
In terms of volume there will almost no difference. A 100w amp is only just under twice the maximum volume of a 10w amp. The main difference is at low volumes the 100x amp can handle the signal better so it will sound clearer whereas the 10w at the same volume will become much more distorted.

But that only applies to big differences. For 10w vs 15w, you won't notice a single bit of difference.

Also those Orange Crush amps are solid state amps so there's even less difference between those than there is with tube amps.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
In terms of volume there will almost no difference. A 100w amp is only just under twice the maximum volume of a 10w amp. The main difference is at low volumes the 100x amp can handle the signal better so it will sound clearer whereas the 10w at the same volume will become much more distorted.

But that only applies to big differences. For 10w vs 15w, you won't notice a single bit of difference.

Also those Orange Crush amps are solid state amps so there's even less difference between those than there is with tube amps.

^This
i'd go with the 15r just for the added reverb. the volume difference is negligible.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Just try some amps out and try them with the reverb on and with the reverb off. Honestly, those crushes are junk, I'd look at something like a vox valvetronix, peavey vypyr, or roland cube for a small practice amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by ozy!d!ot
could you explain the effect exactly?

reverb is basically the sound you'd hear if you'd play in a huge ball room. It gives off kindof an echo-ish sound
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1