Hi folks,

First of all I indeed did a search and read many posts at this forum. I also searched in many music stores too. Sorry if I'm repetitive. I know how this type of thread sucks.

Help me find a good amp.

1. Price: $600 at top most
2. Type: No valve amps (I don’t want to maintain it)
3. Style: Grunge, metal, rock and also a clean tone (e.g,. Nirvana, Seether, Metallica, QOTSA, FF).
4. Use: Practice alone and with the band (my drummer isn't gentle) and gigs in small places.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

Forget your no valve rule, they're way easier to fix than SS when something goes wrong plus they are infinately nicer than SS anyway. I think a Traynor YCV50 Blue could do you nicely. They have a great clean channel, marshally OD and quite a bit of gain on tap, maybe not quite enuf for metal but with an OD to boost it there should be no problem with metal! There are some good sound clips of it here http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oOu6DAnW-Jo and he does some other clips aswell if you have a look around
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I don't really have any suggestions, but all I have to say is that tube amps aren't all that hard to maintain. Just plug it in, turn it on, wait for a bit (probably 2 mins min) and then turn standby off, then rock out. And when you get new tubes, take it to a shop or something and get them to bias it for you.

And durability?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z_qNNcVz8
That's why I got my V50
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
Tube amps don't really need to be "maintained" that much. You WON'T get a good solid state amp at that price. All you need to do for a tube amp is turn it on right, turn it off right, and change the tubes once a year or so. If you take care of it by turning it on and off correctly and you don't drop it or anything, it's not a problem, and your tubes will last even longer!

Look into an Egnater Rebel 20. If you're willing to spend an extra $150, you can get that and a Valve Junior cab, which is a pretty good match for it. Look at the clips in my sig. Don't sacrifice good tone because you want to be lazy!
Alright, let's forget the old rule number 2 and substitute it for another one:

2. Combo is a must.

I'm very enthusiastic with your answers until now!

Thanks again!
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

The new tube Peavey Vypyrs with a Sanpera 2 footswitch.

Or just a normal Vypyr, or the new Vox Vavetronix VT series.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The new tube Peavey Vypyrs with a Sanpera 2 footswitch.

Or just a normal Vypyr, or the new Vox Vavetronix VT series.

The Vox is really a good idea. Did you ever had any problem with your Vox? Can you play with a loud drummer and be listened?
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

^
Up
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS