anyone out there know if you can create a sound on a pod x3 (or even a pod xt or pod 2.0) that sounds exactly or close to the sounds of bands such as bullet for my valentine, killswitch engage, or as i lay dying?
Quote by dcvlehr
anyone out there know if you can create a sound on a pod x3 (or even a pod xt or pod 2.0) that sounds exactly or close to the sounds of bands such as bullet for my valentine, killswitch engage, or as i lay dying?

Tweak and play with it. That's the fun part.
Quote by SchecterZV
Tweak and play with it. That's the fun part.

I would if there was one to play with here in japan lol. I just don't want to drop a few hundred to find out i can't make it do what i want.
Quote by dcvlehr
I would if there was one to play with here in japan lol. I just don't want to drop a few hundred to find out i can't make it do what i want.

Ahh, understandable. You can get pretty much any sound out of them, maybe not exactly because it's a POD and all, but find a similar one and add your own likes to it. You'll love it.
Quote by SchecterZV
Ahh, understandable. You can get pretty much any sound out of them, maybe not exactly because it's a POD and all, but find a similar one and add your own likes to it. You'll love it.

Ya. Just as long as i can get pretty close is all i am looking for really. Can't set up a fancy rig since i can't really afford it and i'm always moving around. Just need something to change my sounds with that will work with my 18w amp
Quote by dcvlehr
Ya. Just as long as i can get pretty close is all i am looking for really. Can't set up a fancy rig since i can't really afford it and i'm always moving around. Just need something to change my sounds with that will work with my 18w amp

The POD will definitely do it.
i'd definetely go for it. if you actually spend time tweaking, and not just choosing a br00t4l amp model and diming all the knobs, you can get some nice tones out of it. plus, if a band has two guitarists, both with different amps, you can make two tones, and put one on the left, and one on the right. tell me if you get it, i'll hook you up with some of my tones to help get you started.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.