Page 1 of 2
100-0
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Wow, that's gay. Just because they ran up the score, he got fired!?!?! **** the "Christ-like morality" of that school!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Haha some people are just totally lacking of common sense, surely the coach should have got a praise for coaching such a good team.

It's against religion to try your hardest now?

pfft.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.

Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Jan 27, 2009,
Why aren't the players being suspended? Or kicked off the team? There's only so much the coach (who didn't score one point) can do. Ultimately the players ran up the score. This is ridiculous. The losing school shouldn't have a competitive team if they can't compete.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Show me where it says in the Bible "Thou shalt not win by more than modest margins" so I can skip Job and get straight on to wiping my arse with that bit.
I hear about this everyday in the news cause I live right by Dallas... This is one of the gayest things I have ever heard... Seriously, I mean firing a coach because his team won and he refused to apologize for being, apparently, a good coach? How f-ing retarded do you have to be for that one?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Show me where it says in the Bible "Thou shalt not win by more than modest margins" so I can skip Job and get straight on to wiping my arse with that bit.

Bull****tius 16:3
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by Daniel8488

It's against religion to try your hardest now?

pfft.

I will now become a faithfull Christian, and apply this theory in school.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by freedoms_stain

There we are
Attachments:
margins.jpg
Quote by Cianyx
There we are
That's not a Bible bro, I can't wipe my arse on that.

I suppose I could take a piss on it.
Quote by Cianyx
There we are

ROFL

Brilliant!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by freedoms_stain
That's not a Bible bro, I can't wipe my arse on that.

I suppose I could take a piss on it.

Or you could make it say tits..

Tee hee
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
He got fired because he wasn't sorry for the win... hm. But honestly, it's girl's high school basketball, how important is that? The school would rather have some publicity than keep the "mean" coach.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I'm not saying he's actually mean, but I guess they expected him to go easy(ier) after maybe 30:0... maybe let the other team score a basket or two. I mean, it's girls bball... it's about sportsmanship heh. But what do you expect from a team if the coach congratulates them on losing?

But honestly, I don't see what the big deal is either... you see high school football teams crush their opponents and all they get is praise. Here it's all about the negative aspects.

edit: I swear somebody just posted above me
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Last edited by Canne at Jan 27, 2009,
that is outrageous. there is a winner and a loser - it's a part of life. if people can't deal with it then it's their problem. sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose big. it happens to everyone.

you should not have to apologise for winning legitimately.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
What is this yankee bullshit about running up the score? It's not rude or unsporting, it's how the game is played. If you don't want to get thrashed, don't suck at sport. Simple.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
What is this yankee bullshit about running up the score? It's not rude or unsporting, it's how the game is played. If you don't want to get thrashed, don't suck at sport. Simple.

This.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
you guys don't seem to know the context of it that well...
he was originally criticised for not allowing or encouraging a forfeit. instead, he did an unsportsman-like thing and cheered wildly for an unnecessary win that humiliates another team.
religion or not, he is being viewed as wrong either way. to make matters worse, he refuses to apologise for all this.
i think the opposing team was for special needs kids or something. i think this is what all the fuss is about.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
even if the bible commanded you to "win by modest margins" (lol), one would still have to respect the fact that some people do not believe that.

and i don't think the coach will have a hard time getting a new job.... he just coached a team to a 100 - 0 win.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I think we should hire this guy to be the new Vikings coach.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I believe for every point you get spanked by your coach and that is why they don't like score running. Too many sore wrists.
Quote by 0RI0N
I think we should hire this guy to be the new Vikings coach.

They'd still lose...
Quote by crackhutch
They'd still lose...

You're probably right.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
This thread already exists two times.

What happened is a mentally handicapped team played against a non-handicapped team as of course they had no chance and everybody was routing for the non-handis.

Quote by Cianyx
There we are

So next time they should just sit down and let the tards try an shoot a few hoops?
I mean sure, it probably sucks completely for the handicapped but they won fair-and-square, it isn't even the coaches fault that they shot so many hoops, it was the players.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 27, 2009,
The sports media frowns upon this in America. Take a look at the Patriots of last year, who were constantly blasted by all sorts of media outlets for blowing away teams and running up the score-and that's talking about grown men who are professional athletes. It's ridiculous. When you're brought up you're taught to always give it your best-but not too much? Stupid, and I've never understood it.

EDIT: And what about the other team who allowed it's player to go into such a miss-match? In basketball how the hell do you get shutout? The outcome must have been 100% known before the match even started. Yet they're getting no blame, poor guy who lost his job (and obviously he was doing a good job at it).
Last edited by FifthHorsemen at Jan 27, 2009,
He wasn't fired for winning. If you do a little more research, he was fired because the school he works for apologized on their own behalf and after they did that, he typed up a letter stating how he disagrees and refuses to go with the apology the school already issued. Then, he sent it to a newspaper. Essentially, he overstepped his employers and what they had said to issue his own statement. That will get you fired anywhere you work, big win or otherwise. And also what others said, the school was for kids with learning disabilities and the winning team was cheering wildly and just being unsportsmenlike. There is merit to being a good sport. That is also where he screwed up.
Quote by ajricketts
He wasn't fired for winning. If you do a little more research, he was fired because the school he works for apologized on their own behalf and after they did that, he typed up a letter stating how he disagrees and refuses to go with the apology the school already issued. Then, he sent it to a newspaper. Essentially, he overstepped his employers and what they had said to issue his own statement. That will get you fired anywhere you work, big win or otherwise. And also what others said, the school was for kids with learning disabilities and the winning team was cheering wildly and just being unsportsmenlike. There is merit to being a good sport. That is also where he screwed up.

I don't care if they were playing tards or not, if the losing team/their parents can't handle the agony of defeat, they shouldn't be playing the game!

On a side note:
I don't blame him for refusing to apologize, I wouldn't either. Why apologize for kicking someone's ass? They would think you're apologizing because you pity them! It's like kids track teams, that get ribbons no matter what place they come in. It's just teaching them that no matter where they end up in life, they're going to get praised for it, and that's bull****! Prepare them for the realities of life, when you're in troubled times, ya gotta fix the problem in order to get rid of the pain.
Last week, the school posted a message on its website apologising for the win. "It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened. This clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honourable approach to competition," the message read.

Well there is your problem ma'm
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by Cianyx
There we are

ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
He was sacked not for winning, but because he ran up the score. It was unsportsman like.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by ZanasCross
What that article doesn't tell you is the team they were playing against is a team for "kids with learning disabilities" and they were one of the top 3 teams in the state. How were they not supposed to win by 100? They were playing against semi-tards.

hahaha
yeah they don't mention that in the article at all.. sort of an important piece of information
Quote by HawkaLuigi
He was sacked not for winning, but because he ran up the score. It was unsportsman like.

What does that mean exactly?
Quote by crackhutch
I don't care if they were playing tards or not, if the losing team/their parents can't handle the agony of defeat, they shouldn't be playing the game!

On a side note:
I don't blame him for refusing to apologize, I wouldn't either. Why apologize for kicking someone's ass? They would think you're apologizing because you pity them! It's like kids track teams, that get ribbons no matter what place they come in. It's just teaching them that no matter where they end up in life, they're going to get praised for it, and that's bull****! Prepare them for the realities of life, when you're in troubled times, ya gotta fix the problem in order to get rid of the pain.

I agree with the second part of your post. I wouldn't want to apologize either and I also think that we aren't preparting kids for reality.

But you missed the point from my first post. It isn't that he refused to apologize, it is that after his employer apologized, he went behind them to say how stupid they were for doing it. I don't care where you work or what your reason is, if you go behind your employers back to issue a statement against them, you are going to get fired.
Page 1 of 2