which POD do you have? im guessing that is a flextone, and the amp underneath it is a roland JC-120
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I have a pod xt live and i used it both from pc speakers and some cheap headphones but the sound is no where near this and ive been trying to get this kinda sound for really long.

I can see that the amp underneath is a jc 120 but he's not using it i think also i can read the line 6 writing on the amp above.
No, I don't thin it's a flextone. The tag on the flextones looks different than the one Alexi uses
hmm, i cant see what else it might be. its certainly not a vetta, because vettas only come in black, and it cant be a spider either. for obvious reasons. what amp model are you using on your xt live?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well i tried some amp models the sound dynamics are not close also the tone doesnt have that energy dunno how to describe it...
and im sure its a flextone III now cos ive done some research and everyone says its a flextone. its not vetta and spider (for the obvious reasons )

damn the sound is too good to be real for a 600 dollar amp
Last edited by blind.quardian at Jan 27, 2009,
If someone knows how to get that sound with a pod xt live please help... i got close but not the same :/ im using it through a small creative speaker would that make any difference?
Looks like a Flextone II.

Looks like IbanezPsycho beat me to it by 30 minutes.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Hey geezer. This was revolutionary whan i started to dial in my sounds on the pod xt. Most of the vids are based on the x3 but since the models effects and parameters are all the same there's some relevant stuff here.

http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=88

Hope it opens your mind like it did for me.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by MESAexplorer
Looks like a Flextone II.

Looks like IbanezPsycho beat me to it by 30 minutes.

Flextone II or III? is there any difference?

halikus thanks a lot i will look at this site.
Quote by blind.quardian
Flextone II or III? is there any difference?

halikus thanks a lot i will look at this site.

Sorry this is late, but it looks like a Flextone II.

Most of the pro's who use Flextones for practicing and such prefer the II's. They have a lot more gain and IMO overall much better tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
That's a Flextone allright, can't really see if it's a II or III.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by blind.quardian
If someone knows how to get that sound with a pod xt live please help... i got close but not the same :/ im using it through a small creative speaker would that make any difference?

You need a proper FRFR rig. Either an Atomic amp, good monitors, or a small powered pa speaker.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.