hey UGers im asking for any information on the fender performer.
anything from links to pictures to its history, i have done my own reserch but am not quit satisfied.
I would love to talk to anyone who has one
thanks all
I don't have one, but, what do you want to know about it?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
I don't have one, but, what do you want to know about it?

i would like to know what they are worth, if there was ever a anerversary model*even though im fair sure there isnt* and just any usefull info lik why fender treats the model like it dosent exist
Quote by louithefly
i would like to know what they are worth, if there was ever a anerversary model*even though im fair sure there isnt* and just any usefull info lik why fender treats the model like it dosent exist

there are a lot of models that fender treats like they don't exist anymore, like the Custom/Maverick, the Katana, the Bronco, the bass V, the VI, the HM, the Lead series, the Bullets, the Elites, the "Strat," the 80's MIA standard, the Squier Super-sonic and Venus, the F-series acoustics, the D'aguestos... there's a lot.

There are no anniversary models that I know of for the performer, but the guitar was an utter failure, sales wise. They were actually pretty nice guitars, they sported a lot of premium features and were built to the highest standards by Fender of Japan. IIRC, the pickups are humbuckers, but you can't swap 'em out, due to the fact that they're specially made for that model. There was a lot of turmoil around the time they made them with management and a sale of the company, it's a shame it didn't catch on. But, it was pretty much just an 80's trend guitar. As far as value goes, I've no idea how much they should go for, all I know is that the only one that I've ever seen in person played great and sounded ok.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.