Besides the new onslaught of dime sigs they look pretty nice.That exotic zebra wood model looks killer and the rusty sig without the graphics is a nice idea.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Meh.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yea but the new dime models look pretty sick. Especially the v255 Blades. Rusty cooley's new sig is a good idea but looks a bit too boring dont u think?
we put dime in dime so you can have more dime when you dime
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Isn't the Black Bolt ML a copy of the CFH guitar, just in another color?
Other than that, I don't think I see anything new/special.
The acoustics looks nice though.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
he played the black bolt they just haven't released it as a production model until now
and the slimebolt is the coolest guitar ever!
Last edited by tukk04 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by Darth Sion
Yea but the new dime models look pretty sick. Especially the v255 Blades. Rusty cooley's new sig is a good idea but looks a bit too boring dont u think?

Nah,there's something inherently awesome about a guitar that looks classy and plain but can roar when in the hands of a talented player.I find the graphic version to be a bit over the top,same with the armor flame finish on the MAB sig.The dime models have been done to death IMO,how many are there now? It seems like a good chunk of Deans line up these days consists of all these tacky dime sigs,I think they should ease up a bit TBH.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Well it starts off pretty good, I'm a big Friedman era Megadeth fan so I'm loving the Rust in Peace graphic and that Korina Mustaine sig is sexworthy, but after this my grin turns into a grimace, yet another "lest we forget" style Dimebag guitar? I think we know he's dead and we know you've paid tribute to him EVERY CUNTBAGGING YEAR SINCE HIS DEATH with a new pricey guitar, well I lie, the first one was nice, it had a budget one with a small emblem on the headstock and a few Dime style nuances on it and then there was a high end one, THIS was good, but what they have now is rape.
The razorback V blades is what I'd expect from dean, the blackbolt is just a waste of time re-colour of the dimebolt, however this time it pisses me off twice as bad: It's black, it's Dime rape. Grr.
The razorback slimebolt, though lookin' not TOO bad, is just a perfect example of Dean running out of ideas, they can't think of anything new so they decided to throw two razorbacks at each other.
The razor back DB floyd is fine other than the bland colour, "classic black" it's just black, like everything they make.
The white amott sig is pretty ugly but the graphic one doesn't look too bad, I prefered his ESPs though.
The Schenkers, the MABs and the Peterson sigs aren't my cup ubt seem okay (I like the Schenker Yin Yang, but the inlay is blah).
That "buddy Blaze" looks like they went to a Nu-Metal dirtbike convention to find the paintjob, however I love the fact that it's HH- instead of what you'd expect (H-H).
I'm liking the blank Rusty sig and what seems to be their attempt at the "budget" rusty sig, though I never realised how messed up the horns on those guitars were!
Leslie West are fine, as are the Modern Exotics, though the Lacewood looks a bit MDF like
As a strat man, I'm diggin' the USA '74, the non-pickguard but still SSS thing is nice.
The deciever and the soltero (skippin' some to that) are both fairly decent lookin', but that deciever seems to be a bit "Metal alternative to the soltero".
The carved top ML is nice, maybe the only interestin ML of the past couple of years.
The red Vendetta looks pretty decent where the white one is a bit. . try-hard.

There's my 2 cents on it. . .well, more like a handful of cents and then a load of extra rambling to boot.
what, no pics of the dimebag amp range ...

or did I just miss them.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I want RC7 NAO!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'm a multiple Dean owner who wouldn't touch a "pointy" guitar- Dean or otherwise- for my personal use, and I have a generally low opinion of "artist endorsed" models from a value perspective.

But I have to say this:

You do realize that Dean couldn't put out all those "Dime" models without an agreement with Dimebag himself (before his death) or his Estate (after his death), don't you? Somewhere out there is a contract that lets Dean guitars do this in exchange for compensation to his Estate (now that he's dead).

So save at least some of your outrage for the man and/or those who currently control the commercial use of his name and image.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dimebag sigs are overpriced.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
dimebag sigs are overpriced.

Because of their crappy quality you can nab one for great prices used.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
DIMEBONICS

A new low has been reached.

The white Amott sig looks nice as does the schenker and Rust in Peace mustaine model. I really like the Red ML ATF3000, at least it has a original FR.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You do realize that Dean couldn't put out all those "Dime" models without an agreement with Dimebag himself (before his death) or his Estate (after his death), don't you? Somewhere out there is a contract that lets Dean guitars do this in exchange for compensation to his Estate (now that he's dead).

I can't imagine Dimebag saying "You can rape my name for years after my death, charging extorionate amounts for them".
I assume it's his estate allowing it, his girlfriend always came across as a moneygrabbing so and so.
However if it was him who allowed this before his death, his words have been mightily twisted cos Dime said while designing the Razorback that he wanted the Razorback to be a good, inexpensive guitar that anyone could use, it's turned out to be a ****e, overpriced guitar that only Dime fans can use, and if that can be changed, so soon after his death too, then any of his wishes can be.
Quote by DespisedIcon
ESP 09 > Dean 09
Schecter 09 > Dean 09

Thanks for stating the obvious

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Punk_Ninja

However if it was him who allowed this before his death, his words have been mightily twisted cos Dime said while designing the Razorback that he wanted the Razorback to be a good, inexpensive guitar that anyone could use, it's turned out to be a ****e, overpriced guitar that only Dime fans can use, and if that can be changed, so soon after his death too, then any of his wishes can be.

How many people on this board have posted about how bad MGs are? And yet Zakk Wylde does endorsement after endorsement for them.

Its called advertising.

Thats why, even back to the days of Rome when someone first said "Caveat Emptor" (Let the buyer beware), smart consumers have relied more upon their own experiences and the experience of those they trust rather than what someone famous says.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I know what you mean, but a dead guy can't say "It has crushing overdrive" yakno.
While dime was alive his sigs were reasonable as sigs, in the way that any endorsed artist (who aren't complete rapists for their gear) is, as soon as he dies, the price and number of models that aren't even close to dime guitars (I say that saying that the original sigs were Dimebucker my ass.) shoot up by about 6 more a year, conviniently this is after he dies, so I'm not so sure as if t's Dime being similar to Wylde.
I understand.

I'm personally of the opinion that the explosion of "Dime" related products is either the responsibility of his estate's Executor, or of an extremely poorly worded contract.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I can't imagine Dimebag saying "You can rape my name for years after my death, charging extorionate amounts for them".
I assume it's his estate allowing it, his girlfriend always came across as a moneygrabbing so and so.

I bet Rita is the only reason that this is still going on. Hmm... Wait a second.

Rita is probably swimming in all the money from these sigs. I bet this was planned. ZOMG RITA TOLD THAT SCHIZOPHRENIC EX MARINE TO KILL DIMEBAG SO SHE COULD GET THE MONEYS!!!!!!!!!!
meh, i dont care much for deans. i like the design of the MLs though. especially that black bolt.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Clabbe
I like the dimebonics, any1 played on of those before?

Um, why'd you bump a thread that's 7+ months old?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Me rikey
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
1. ...Dimebonics? What the hell is that even supposed to be a portmanteau of with Dime?
2. Hooray, now the count of Dime signatures it up to...40, 42 if we include the ML's that don't have "DIME" on the headstock?
3. The Leslie West signatures actually look nifty to me, will have to take a look at them.
4. The USA 74 also looks promising.
5. I dislike the man and don't like his music, but MAB's signatures actually look nice.
6. the Rustt Cooley model looks hilarious.
4. Where's the Dimestack? Did that get canceled like it should?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by Darth Sion

It's just a cheaper version. Costs like $999 instead of like $3500 or whatever the other one costs.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
*waits for Flux'd to start yelling at people in this thread*

I'm not a fan of any of the models.