i brought my epi lp to get pickups changed 2 weeks a go and he keeps sying they are not done. i think i might give him one more week before i take it to someone else.what should i do?
Quote by savage94
i brought my epi lp to get pickups changed 2 weeks a go and he keeps sying they are not done. i think i might give him one more week before i take it to someone else.what should i do?

Shops can get pretty over-loaded man, I would give him another week and then see what happens. Granted, it takes about an hour to change out pickups, but how do you know your guitar isn't like # 14 on a list of repairs/mods he has to do? Just because it's your guitar doesn't mean it's the only job he's got, and there might be many other guitarists waiting in line just like you are.

However, if he's NOT busy, then I would take my business elsewhere. Like I said, it only takes about an hour to swap pickups, and unless the guy is buried pretty deep in work, he's just being mind bogglingly lazy.
It would take me about thirty minutes. That includes stringing it back up and playing a couple tunes. Tell him you want it done or you want your money back. This isn't the better business bureau, and we don't know what you should do.

My suggestion? Be all like

"Damn muthafucka yall gotsta be gettin mah work done NOW bitch, or I bust a ice hot cap in you ass with my nine!"

But that's just me.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
the long and mcquade near me gave a friend of mine a waiting time of a month, and they seemed relatively busy

just call and be like, 'I want a set deadline, please. it's my money'
the process itself is less then an hour
the shop is probably busy...should have done yourself, its really not hard at all

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by savage94
...what should i do?

take your money and your guitar back. go to a hardware store. buy a $15 soldering iron and $1 roll of electronics solder and DIY
its pretty simple
The guy said he would have it done within 3 days and every time i call it's not done. i don't wanna sound like an asshole but i haven't been able to play my main guitar because he is taking his slow ass time.
Quote by sethp
take your money and your guitar back. go to a hardware store. buy a $15 soldering iron and $1 roll of electronics solder and DIY
its pretty simple

+1

Also, if he can't even match his own timescale, you shouldn't have to pay.
it takes like 15 minutes. shops can get busy, but if its been that long, that is really ridiculous. if your shop closes at 5, you should stay until ****ing 5:30 to finish a customers guitar on time.
Quote by sethp
its pretty simple

Do this. Theres plenty of tutorials and diagrams on the internet nowadays.
Just go in and say "I've come to pick ,my guitar up".

When he says "Well it's not ready"

Say, "Yeah I know, that's why I'm picking it up"

Take axe and leave.
I really dont want to screw this up. im putting in dragonfire distortion humbuckers and a wiring kit.has anyone here done this and i looked for special diagrams on how to wire these pickups?
I waited 4 months to get a Floyd Rose routed out & installed, a sustainer kit routed out & installed & a slight thinning of the neck.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
hmmm has any one else noticed that the time frame for doing a pickup swap kept decreasing as the thread went on? Started with lumberjack at an hour, then Otter at half an hour then LP busts out the 15 minutes
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by Kolanski
hmmm has any one else noticed that the time frame for doing a pickup swap kept decreasing as the thread went on? Started with lumberjack at an hour, then Otter at half an hour then LP busts out the 15 minutes

Yeah I noticed that. Bunch of wannabe luthiers trying to best each other.

On an unrelated note, I can swap pickups in about 5 minutes, 10 if I'm blindfolded.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
I aint gunna say nething about wanna be luthiers because they are all a lot better than me so really im the wanna be luthier haha
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Yeah still just learning. I've only been doing this stuff for a couple of years.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
I think he said hes putting a new harness in it
Quote by Dr. House
Quote by Kolanski
I aint gunna say nething about wanna be luthiers because they are all a lot better than me so really im the wanna be luthier haha

no im the wanna-be luthier....check out underneath my UN
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
damn you are... that makes me a wanna be wanna be luthier
Quote by Dr. House
Quote by xEpidemicx

On an unrelated note, I can swap pickups in about 5 minutes, 10 if I'm blindfolded.
I am confused whether to hate you because of that comment or to just dislike you because your Beavis & Butthead redeem you slightly...

Mr spiderIII warlock.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
I am confused whether to hate you because of that comment or to just dislike you because your Beavis & Butthead redeem you slightly...

Mr spiderIII warlock.

It was a joke. See, the above poster said "Did anyone notice that people can keep doing this faster" and I said No, but then posted a time that was slower than everyone else. Man I hate explaining jokes. It's probably just my lame Canadian-Witt.

And my amp is a temp. until I build my own amp.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
do it urself, thats what i did. its so much cheaper and its a good experience

just dont be stupid like i was and burn ur finger reaching for something
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by xEpidemicx

Once I threw out a light hearted "idiot" when someone called me out as lame for saying sheet instead of sh it. My guess is calling them wannabes is like signing your own cyber death warrent.
Quote by DILtron3000
Once I threw out a light hearted "idiot" when someone called me out as lame for saying sheet instead of sh it. My guess is calling them wannabes is like signing your own cyber death warrent.

Usually I get more people that understand my jokes and less that are offended.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Well I figured this crowd would have a few more IQ points than the Pit.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
^ true, but so does your average group of 9 year olds!

edit: BTW dont every pay someone to swap anything out on your guitar!
Last edited by DILtron3000 at Jan 27, 2009,
You can take the UGers outta the pit, but you can never take the pit outta the UGers
Quote by Dr. House
Quote by xEpidemicx
It was a joke. See, the above poster said "Did anyone notice that people can keep doing this faster" and I said No, but then posted a time that was slower than everyone else. Man I hate explaining jokes. It's probably just my lame Canadian-Witt.

And my amp is a temp. until I build my own amp.
Yeah, maybe it's also just my lack of sleep.
I got what you were trying to do, it just didn't come off the way you meant it to, also it was the first ever post i've seen from you... that could've had something to do with it.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Yeah probably. I usually spend my time in the bandleading forum but I've been coming here lately.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
After reading all these comments I would like to announce that I said it would take me an hour, and I still think it would take me an hour .
For me it would depend on the guitar. I like to go above and beyond the call of duty when working on guitars (which is weird because I slack a lot) so sometimes I'll completely rewire the entire guitar if it looks a little bit messy. If I'm just switching pickups, I would probably take me 45 minutes to an hour. If I let my OCD loose and clean everything, probably 3 hours.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
has anyone installed these pickups??? i saw other diagrams and didnt understand them, if any one has installed these pickups please help me and tell me which things i need to solder.