i wanna buy some new strings that are bendable. i watched guitarists like jimmy page and slash and their strings bend so easily. what strings would you use?
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
That's them using thier fingers to bend the strings. If it's too hard for you to bend your strings then you need to get a lighter set. For standard tunings 9's are normal, maybe you want to go down to 8's. If your guitar has a floating bridge then you'll need to rest the tension on the springs.

Good Luck.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
If you use thick strings they're harder to bend. Try going down to 10's or 9's to bend easier. If you're going from anything above 11's though, you probably want your action resetting again.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

slash uses 11s, while page used 9's i think, they both used les pauls. lps have a shorter scale length so a bit easier to bend. but 9's i think would be a good choice
Page and slash both use LPs with a shorter scale which has less tension on the strings so easier to bend. Top wrapping them like page does seems to give an easier to bend feel to. As your using strats lighter strings will be easier to bend. But SRV used 12s/13s and he could bend with the best of em.
I use D'Addario Super Lights which bend real easy. they have been on there for almost 2 months and still sound pretty good...im new to guitars but to me that seems pretty durable. Plus I was told that they were by many people. So maybe try out those super lights?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by Bertallica
That's them using thier fingers to bend the strings. If it's too hard for you to bend your strings then you need to get a lighter set. For standard tunings 9's are normal, maybe you want to go down to 8's.

That was part true, but .10s are standard, downgrading is a bad idea, it'S like lifting wheights, if you can't lift much the ones you're using you won't get any stronger lifting lighter ones, just do more but in separate sequences and less, to build up your muscles, same thing with strings, and let'S consider the fact that if sound is to come out of the guitar.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
^Agreed, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to bend the crap out of 10's and especially 9's. I think going to 8's is absurd. If you force yourself to play on 10's or even 11's for a few months you will think 9's feel like a joke.
Quote by Gäbe
That was part true, but .10s are standard, downgrading is a bad idea, it'S like lifting wheights, if you can't lift much the ones you're using you won't get any stronger lifting lighter ones, just do more but in separate sequences and less, to build up your muscles, same thing with strings, and let'S consider the fact that if sound is to come out of the guitar.

You're right, the loss in tone would be a problem and the TS should practice bends to get there.

9's are standard on Ibanez's for standard E tunings. Look it up.

I was trying to make a joke about going to 8's, sorry it failed.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by doompers7491
i wanna buy some new strings that are bendable. i watched guitarists like jimmy page and slash and their strings bend so easily. what strings would you use?

Page used 8's during the first half of Led Zeppelin. It wasn't until about 1975 or 1977 he discovered Super Slinkys.
you've gotta strengthen your fingers by just playing more and practicing bends. I use .10-.50's and can bend just fine in standard tuning, with guitar, if somethings hard, the best option is (assuming its not hard because you're doing it wrong) to keep working at it until its easier
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab