Has anyone ever tried this offer? It looks pretty cool, but a bit shady too. I've had some experience with "freebie" sites and actually got a free xbox 360 elite from one of them, so there's a fair chance this is legit. The only worrisome thing I see is in order to start completing offers to get your console, you have to pay an up front deposit.

I'd like to go for the PS3 (alas, the RRoD strikes again), but I'd rather not end up wasting $40 on a scam site.

Has anyone had experience with the site?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
I imagine you say that because you see a low price next to a usually expensive item and think "well damn, must be too good to be true." However, I've gotten free things through sites like this that look even less legit. I got a 360 Elite with Halo 3 and a controller through one, and an iPod Touch through another, so less inclined to disregard a site because it looks "too good to be true." I'm wondering if anyone has actually gone through this site (also known as surplus-savings.com) and experienced any problems or received an item.

I've looked on Yahoo Answers and all that, and most of the answers are people who have never had experience with the site going "looks like a scam, probably a scam, looks fishy to me", but the few that hold any credibility are people who have done it and one guy claims to have gotten his Xbox, another claims it look a long time for his to ship.

Just wondering if anyone on here has gotten a console from this site.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.

someone had to post it in the end.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Okay, yeah, incredibly helpful, thanks.

You would have said the same things about the sites I've already gotten free stuff from, and those were completely legit, so I understand how companies like this can afford to sell consoles for so little money. They make a bunch of money from advertisers (you have to fill out an ass load of surveys, write articles, or sign up for offers) and use that to buy the system, while still making a significant profit. I can link you to a few proven legit sites, and you'd probably think those are even more sketchy, but that doesn't make them so.

Anyone who has anything useful to input?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth
Has anyone ever tried this offer? It looks pretty cool, but a bit shady too. I've had some experience with "freebie" sites and actually got a free xbox 360 elite from one of them, so there's a fair chance this is legit. The only worrisome thing I see is in order to start completing offers to get your console, you have to pay an up front deposit.

I'd like to go for the PS3 (alas, the RRoD strikes again), but I'd rather not end up wasting $40 on a scam site.

Has anyone had experience with the site?

I did participate in similar promos (though with no 'nonrefundable fee' bs) and did get free stuff but this is a RIP OFF!! STAY AWAY from it - why? read my comment below.
Last edited by Alex Nikov at Apr 24, 2009,
DON'T SIGN UP! IT'S A RIP OFF!
I signed up a month ago, particpated in surveys, submitted articles - nothing was scored. Emailed 3 times - no response, couldn't reach them over the phone. Think - in similar surveys/articles U R paid $5-25, in this plan U get (if u only get) 3 times less in points. even if they score your surveys/articles U R ripped off, cause the $10 U R supposed to get for an independent survey somewhere else, in this plan is divided - they get $8, u get 2 points. An xBox I signed up for is 300 points, so you need about 150 surveys to take. For which, normally, you'd be paid $800-1200. Think. Even if they scored your articles/surveys, u'd be given 3 times less than u r supposed. So, u submit articles, they don't score but take money for, same for surveys. U R left with unrefundable fee and time spent, and u can do nothing about it. STAY AWAY! One more thing - I paid $35 fee for an xBox, a week later this fee was increased up to $80 - can U believe it? I thought I'd work 5 days, submitting 5-10 articles a day and I'd get my xBox. NOT! They give U a list of 10 articles, 40 points worth and that's it, no new articles. What about surveys? I managed to get qualified for 2 (!!!) within a month period of time, and they were not scored. U R stuck, sucker.
So, don't indulge your greediness, STAY AWAY, they're EVIL.
stay away from evil double posting
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!