Page 1 of 2
I don't think he ever did...I'm sure he could have played bass though That bass is just Dean ripping off the person they owe their existence too. RIP Dime
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 27, 2009,
No, he never played bass, It's just Dean raping his name for as much profit as they can.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
He died. When you die, you instantly become 10x the bass player you were when you were alive. In Dime's case, he got infinity times better, since he never, ever touched the instrument.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by froggyman
It's not a dime signature bass, just dean's attempt to milk the legacy of dime by offering over 9000 different dime models....

It is because it says DIME, at the headstock.
It's just a name for a body shape, just like Les Paul.
As far as I know, Les Paul never played the bass yet there is a Les Paul bass.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by sam_ofzo

Lol true.
Quote by ibrahimasood
It is because it says DIME, at the headstock.

yea.dean kinda went over the top

i still want a ML
but first my Kelly build
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by sam_ofzo

That's different, though. The actual body style is called the Les Paul...you can't have something look like that and it not be a Les Paul or a copy of one. Take the name off, and it's still a Les Paul.

That bass, however, is just a Dean Razorback bass with the word dime on it. Take the name off, and it's a Razorback.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
That's different, though. The actual body style is called the Les Paul...you can't have something look like that and it not be a Les Paul or a copy of one. Take the name off, and it's still a Les Paul.

That bass, however, is just a Dean Razorback bass with the word dime on it. Take the name off, and it's a Razorback.

but he did design/have a hand in designing the bodyshape.
so i think the shape could justifyably be called a dime razorback.

it's not really a body suited for bass though
Quote by 2112pk
but he did design/have a hand in designing the bodyshape.
so i think the shape could justifyably be called a dime razorback.

it's not really a body suited for bass though

True, he did come up with the Razorback design. Although he designed it as a guitar...not a bass.
It looks stupid.
I can only assume it plays and sounds as terrible as it's guitar counterpart.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
personaly i dont see the harm in using a guitar template to make a new bass design.
other than the fact that the result is rarely a quality bass.

but the could have left the dime name off the headstock, it wouldnt have hurt.
if you wrote the copy to say something like "using the guitar design of the legendary dimebag" it would have been less whoring of a deadman's fame
Quote by 2112pk
personaly i dont see the harm in using a guitar template to make a new bass design.
other than the fact that the result is rarely a quality bass.

but the could have left the dime name off the headstock, it wouldnt have hurt.
if you wrote the copy to say something like "using the guitar design of the legendary dimebag" it would have been less whoring of a deadman's fame

I agree. There are old ML basses that don't have Dime's name on them, as there are old ML guitars that don't either. But now that he's dead Dean puts his name on everything to make a buck. Have you seen the new Dime amp that Dean is releasing? It's ridiculous. It's no wonder why Dean Z. left his own company.
i thought he came back in the 2000s?

i've seen him in videos talking about the razorback bass, i'm sure of it
Quote by gm jack
No, he never played bass, It's just Dean raping his name for as much profit as they can.

As I've said elsewhere on this site:

You do realize that Dean couldn't put out all those "Dime" models without an agreement with Dimebag himself (before his death) or his Estate (after his death), don't you? Somewhere out there is a contract that lets Dean guitars do this in exchange for compensation to his Estate (now that he's dead).

So save at least some of your outrage for the man and/or those who currently control the commercial use of his name and image.

The same goes for the bass- Dime or someone associated with controlling the commercial use of his name and image approved that design, either expressly or in some kind of blanket agreement.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Haven't seen any in person, but those photos/artist conceptions certainly look like they have some interesting planes and curves to their surfaces.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by thefitz
He died. When you die, you instantly become 10x the bass player you were when you were alive.

This. Though the rule applies for anything. I call the the Kurt Cobain effect. The same thing has happened to Heath Ledger. It's not like he was bad. In fact, he was a great actor who was quite promising and would probably have gone on to be in a lot of great movies. But, he wasn't as great as everyone acts like he is.

This phenomenon is also the reason why Cliff Burton's family refuses to let anyone make a "Cliff Burton Signature" anything. They don't want anyone to use his name to make money (although Aria does it anyway with the SB1000CB, which I find morally objectionable because not only are they taking advantage of his tragic death, but they are doing so against his family's wishes).
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
dude, the burtons are awesome.
that takes balls to be like "no, i don't want to make money off of my son's memory"
i salute there integrity

also, being a cynical arse, i'm usually immune to the cobain effect.
but heath ledger as the joker was TOTALY awesome.
it's his wife whoring out his name to every thing in dean even tho i can't lie if geddy lee's name somehow appears on a matag washer dryer set i think those will be the ones i buy selling out or not
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by JessyB96
it's his wife whoring out his name to every thing in dean even tho i can't lie if geddy lee's name somehow appears on a matag washer dryer set i think those will be the ones i buy selling out or not

Geddy's been known to put washing machines on stage during shows, apparently when he ditched his amp system in favor of more PA, he filled the void with random household appliances, including a fully stocked fridge. He even mic's them

So the Geddy signature washer may not be a joking matter.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
So....

Dean wants to sell product and death sells. If people didn't buy the product, Dean would stop. Simple case of vulgar capitalism.
Quote by 2112pk
also, being a cynical arse, i'm usually immune to the cobain effect.
but heath ledger as the joker was TOTALY awesome.

He was awesome, but he's kinda overrated by some people.

Also, if everyone starts calling it the Cobain effect, I will be very, very proud of myself.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by thefitz
He died. When you die, you instantly become 10x the bass player you were when you were alive. In Dime's case, he got infinity times better, since he never, ever touched the instrument.

0xinfinity=0

he may have touched one, though, not ever recorded with it though.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Geddy's been known to put washing machines on stage during shows, apparently when he ditched his amp system in favor of more PA, he filled the void with random household appliances, including a fully stocked fridge. He even mic's them

So the Geddy signature washer may not be a joking matter.

A Geddy fridge would be cool. When you open it, the intro to Tom Sawyer plays.
That's awesome^
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by kugelspot

This phenomenon is also the reason why Cliff Burton's family refuses to let anyone make a "Cliff Burton Signature" anything. They don't want anyone to use his name to make money (although Aria does it anyway with the SB1000CB, which I find morally objectionable because not only are they taking advantage of his tragic death, but they are doing so against his family's wishes).

Again, it is probably a contract Burton executed before his death that lets Aria build those. When it expires, his estate can feel free to refuse to renew the license.

Quote by sam_ofzo

Gibson should have got Les Claypool to sign up with them.

Then they could start a whole "Les" series of instruments...

Les Paul guitars, Les Claypool basses...

Just that "Epiphone Les Claypool" wouldn't have the same ring to it as the "Epiphone Les Paul" does.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Les Paul was also an instrument designer, and believe me, he designed the Les Paul basses.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Page 1 of 2