Page 1 of 3
Hi. This is more of a last Thank You to the UGers who I've talked to through my 5 years here. It's about time that I've left for good - I remember the last time I said that but it never worked out due to my guitar-ing interests - but this time it's for good because I see no reason why I should stay on a guitar forum anymore . I'm sure a lot of you are aware of the thread I made several weeks ago about how I couldn't find inspiration from guitar anymore and taking Nilpferdkoenig's comments, I really don't belong here anymore , even if it is the PIT.

I'll be enrolling in Law School next month, hopefully, so that's a even bigger incenstive for me to leave, especially if it's costing me £11,500 for barely a whole year to study excluding accommodation and living costs . It's not like Hotel California because I'm forced, in a way, this time - it's different and it's not like University anymore - more like a professional job that requires the utmost attention. It's not such a rash decision to move because I've always contemplated this day for a few years now. The last time I "left" UG was during university although I don't think I thought it through that time because there were times where I did find some spare time to troll around here because it serves as a perfect way to prcrastinate. It's very different now because I'm dealing with huge sums of money and I really can't afford to fail.

Moreover, I feel that the PIT is a little different than it used to be - not in a negative way but I definitely feel a lot older than the average PIT posts suggest that I don't find it inspiring anymore. The time is right I think for me to leave. I'm going to ask for a permaban so this will probably be the last you will hear of me, most definitely, unless you've got my msn address (I reserve that for a small amount of people, so if I reject you, don't take offence to it).

Here's a list of my favourite UGers and I'm sorry if I left you out but I'm reserving it for those who I regularly speak to in no specific order. Oh - to those UGers who I didn't add on my profile, my appolgies . I hardly ever check them and that's because I don't like to add people and reply with a small message. I like to reply with a person message and unfortunately, I just couldn't keep up with it or find the time to write detailed messages to everyone - so I just didn't check them.

So far so good? Life is looking up and my Zodiac forecast suggests that my career is about to lift and even though I'm not particularly superstitious, I'm definitely hoping it's true !

So - don't foget to work you ass off whatever you're doing if you want your dreams to come true.

- Always work hard and don't take anything for granted such as an abundance of resources that you have at your leisure. Hopefully everything will pan out well for you. If you're in education and have the resources, don't take that for granted. Stay up until university unless you're completely sure you won't need it because you've got a backup apprenticeship plan or similar. Often, drop outs have no qualifications so don't quit just because you can. University usually doubles your chances at success in employment and although education isn't everything, it certainly is worth the investment.

- Always be nice to everyone and treat anyone properly with due care and courtesy. If you end up in arguments with people you know, don't start fights but try to resolve things in a diplomatic way: be a little more open to other people's feelings. If it's not possible to resolve, just leave mutually and take pity. The world doesn't need anymore fighting for ridiculously petty things. This is in response to many of the revenge threads on UG. You're not 11 anymore so start thinking like an adult.

- For birthdays and christmas's don't ask for ridiculously expensive gifts. It might be Western culture to receive gifts but your parents can all do with a bit of a break. Ask for something you need next time like a new rucksack for highschool or shoes that are falling apart. In most cases, you really don't need that new guitar or amplifier. If you're parents insist, then so be it, but if you have the choice, just think of someone other than yourself for a change. I always ask people to wish good things for me and there's nothing better than wishing for something intangible such as good fortune with exams.

- The 21st century has brought new ideologies and ways of thinking but you must still act civilized. As a last plea - please stop with rape jokes and I cum blood memes. It's just not funny. I've got into a lot of flame wars with a lot of people on here due to my inability to take jokes as they are but my culture is different to most of you here (I won't name the particular situations involved but a lot of you will know already). Irrespective of cultures actually, it cannot be viewed as civilized. No girl will ever see it as funny.

- Stay optimistic on your goals and don't let anyone bring you down. No one has the right to make you feel bad if you've done nothing wrong. It's time to stop taking people's unnecessary comments seriously beucase you don't need it. Don't let it get to you. Don't judge people for bad things that they have done to you because their upbringing was unfortunate. It's best to not question it and feel sorry for them - they really mean you no harm.

- If there's something wrong with you - go to the Doctor, don't make a thread about it. 99.9% of us aren't qualified to medically diagnose you on the internet.

- If you've found a rubbish guitar player on Youtube, no one gives a damn. Some people just aren't as good as other people - so what?

- Don't artist bash - again, no one gives a damn. I remember someone made a gif of crosshairs being put on the Jonas Brothers - God, how much time he had...

- If you need help on your homework, don't ask UG. They might know the answer to your math or science problem but ultimately, that's what teachers are for - use them. If you didn't do your homework that's due in the day after that's your own fault. When you get a job, pressure is going to be a hundred times as bad so if you can't cope at a highschool level, you may as well call yourself a failure (subject to those with learning difficulties but in any case, ask your teacher for help not UG)

Goodbye
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 27, 2009,
K, koo
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
BUT I LOVE YOU!!!!!
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
bye dude, I liked your threads and posts and I hope you have a great time in law school!
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
But who will curate the snooker threads??????

Seriousley though, good luck with law school and everything you decide to do.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Holy crap, no

At least gimme your msn or something

Good luck with law school, don't forget us unsuccessful people
RULE BRITANNIA
*Grabs Harmys leg*

Noo! Dont leave me here with this lot!

Nah dude, I kid. Good luck with your future and I wish you all the success in the world. I hope your life becomes fulfilling and full of joy I ll miss seeing your posts around here. Bye dude, and take care!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Bye Harmy! I loved your pond threads, they were incredible reads. Good luck with school, I wish you the best in your life!
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by ccam555
Asshole.

K, k...

Nah, I'm sorry.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Awwww bye Harmy, good luck with real life and your career (and the koi!), I'm sure you'll do great.

Shame I never really made the time to talk to you, but good bye none the less!
xxx
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Good luck and all the best for the future i guess
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
The legend that is Harmy will live on and soar throughout the forums whenever we lurk.

Or something like that.
Bye, bye!
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus

we'll miss you
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
omfg no way! dude you were one of the coolest ugers ever!

good luck in everything you do! hope your zodiac does what it says!
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Get a life seriously everybody wil forget you in a couple of weeks, I'm sorry to sound harsh but it just seems stupid to make such a big deal out of it.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Best of luck to you. And I already know that some douche will be requesting tl;dr. Best wishes to you Harmonius.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
No, of course not.
I take my frustration out on my children.
HADOUKEN!
Best of luck in everything you do.

I didn't know you but you seem a genuinely nice person, have a good'un.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by demitriv
Get a life seriously

He sort of has. He's leaving UG to do law. You struggle to leave your bed to brush your teeth.

Quote by demitriv
everybody wil forget you in a couple of weeks,

Harmy used to be a regular around here. He's given me Pearl Jam demos, as well as dozens of Django Reindhart songs. People in this thread have already alluded to his snooker and koi pond threads, meaning that he will be remembered for those.

Quote by demitriv
I'm sorry to sound harsh

You don't. Just moronic.

Quote by demitriv
but it just seems stupid to make such a big deal out of it.

And yet the countless "OMG MY PENIS HAS FALLEN OFF, HELP ME PIT" threads are OK?

Edit: Oops, almost forgot. BYE HARMY!
BYE it su'ks that you're leaving, you were oone of the more "Intelligent" Pitgoers who actually contributed to the little sanity left around here.

We'll all miss you :'(
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I never did have the pleasure of meeting you or engaging in any flames wars, against you or by your side.

But you seem like the type of people the world needs... not the pit neccessarily, but the world.

May your aspirations and hard work take you far.

Goodluck and goodbye

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Good luck at Law School, you've been the voice of reason in many threads I've lurked in.
Take care, you will be missed.

SCB.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by demitriv
Get a life seriously everybody wil forget you in a couple of weeks, I'm sorry to sound harsh but it just seems stupid to make such a big deal out of it.

You fail.

See ya. Only saw you a couple times when I lurked threads, but you seemed like one of the few intelligent ones here. Good luck
Page 1 of 3