i've been using audacity for a while, and its been fine, but i've been getting annoyed with the fact that it cant play midi tracks. on tuxguitar (free guitarpro), i downloaded a tab for master of puppets, which im trying to record of a cover of, so that i could extract the drums as a midi file and add it on to audacity. unfortunately, this hasnt really worked. of course, i could just get a backing track online, but thats not as useful. whenever i try playing a midi track on audacity it tells me "error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and the project sample rate". if anyone knows a free recording program that has midi functionality, i need it. links would be nice too
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
reaper isn't free though is it?

It is if you dont mind a annoying pop up when you open it after the first 30 days.

But that said its a great program, so much so you will end up buying it at some point. Which is what they are banking on...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 27, 2009,
+1 for Reaper
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.
audacity yeah

no seriously reaper
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Another vote for Reaper if you haven't tried it out already.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

hmm, i already tried it but i got the same problem. ill download it again, we'll see

EDIT: just downloaded it again, and i uploaded the midi drums onto the program. the click track got synced with the midi tempo and everything, so its working without a doubt, but when i play the track, i only hear the click track, and whenever theres supposed to be drums, i dont hear anything. anybody know what to do?

EDIT: i noticed that i think its playing the drums actually, but it doesnt sound like a drum kit, like it did in tuxguitar, is this just because the program doesnt have enough midi channels or something?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jan 27, 2009,