Does anybody know the difference between the two in the sense of Quality and which is better in quality?

(ex. Jackson RR24 vs. Jackson Stars RR TN02)
Top of the list is going to be the USA select series.

The Stars have some really good specs, I'd say they are just a hair below the USA models.

Couple things the USA's have over the stars is 1. The headstock color and finishes match the body on USA models. This may not seem like a big deal, but look at one in person that is matching vs. one that just has a black headstock. The matching headstock is a super nice finishing touch.

2. THe USA models have an original Floyd Rose, Stars use the Pro 0200 something or another model FLoyd. Don't know anything about that Floyd version. WhaT I do know is that it isn't an original, but is supposed to be better than the JT580.

The stars are VERY luring though! I almost hit the "buy it now" button on Ebay for a Stars Kelly with a red ghost flame job, but since the headstock doesn't match, I held back.

They are a great price, for $1000 you get a neck thru with good pickups, a good trem, and full binding. Outside of a USA select, I'd buy a Stars model long before any of the bolt on junk.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Just to add on to what RJF put, they also don't have the MOP Jackson logo. At least not on models like the TN02. Also, the TN01's do use Original Floyds.

To TS: I'd get one. Without a single doubt in my mind. I actually plan on getting one after I get an amp. $950ish for a neck through Rhoads with 24 frets, 2 pickups, AND a Floyd? Hell yes I want in!
Do the stars have the MOTO inlays like the standard models? or is it actual MOP?

IMO the headstock logo..who cares...but yeah... i'd trust the precision of japanese workmanship anyday.
Anyone know that is there any jackson with the rhoads shape with tremolo ,24frets,2pickups around 600-700dollar?
There's one with 22 frets, tremolo, 2 humbuckers for like $700.

I dont think many of the RR's come with 24 frets. Except my friends low-end $300 RR did.
+1 to everyone except DespisedIcon.

I also still believe that the wood quality (especially fretboard quality) on the USA select series is better. The STARS series has stained ebony fretboard woods, to look top notch quality ebony, the USA series HAVE top notch ebony quality fretboards. Body wood/neck wood: I'm not sure of, and i don't know if the STARS have quartersawn necks (which the USA's have), and I also do not know if the stars are handmade (the USA's are handmade)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by donthatefloyd
Anyone know that is there any jackson with the rhoads shape with tremolo ,24frets,2pickups around 600-700dollar?

Why not create your own thread?
Quote by donthatefloyd

Nope. Your best bet is a Jackson Stars.

Quote by LP_CL
+1 to everyone except DespisedIcon.

I also still believe that the wood quality (especially fretboard quality) on the USA select series is better. The STARS series has stained ebony fretboard woods, to look top notch quality ebony, the USA series HAVE top notch ebony quality fretboards. Body wood/neck wood: I'm not sure of, and i don't know if the STARS have quartersawn necks (which the USA's have), and I also do not know if the stars are handmade (the USA's are handmade)

That always bothered me. I hated seeing the description of their Rhoads as having an ebony board, when clearly it looks like rosewood.