From USA, we shouldn't have NHS
37 16%
Not from USA, they should have NHS
124 55%
Not from USA, they shouldn't have NHS
16 7%
Voters: 227.
Page 1 of 3
So pit, do you think the USA should bring in a National Health Service like that in Canada, UK, France and almost all other European countries?

For those who don't know, it would be funded by almost everyone, for everyone. You would get unlimited health care no matter how expensive your treatment or how long it takes. I don't know how much Americans pay for health insurance but i doubt it would be a huge difference to pay for an NHS, besides, you're guaranteed to be treated whereas insurance companies can, and do turn people down for life saving treatment.

Yay or nay? and why?

Go forth and type!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
yes the US should have their own NHS,they should have always had their own NHS
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
Aye

Although we would need to do minor cuts in other areas
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'm for it... healthcare is a need same as police, firefighters, schools... it shouldn't be entrusted to private business.
they should, but really it would be so difficult for the USA to implement it.
The tax on cigarettes pays for most of our NHS. Then the NHS tries to get you to quit. I trust nobody who bites the hand that feeds them.

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Yes, we definitely should.
Too many people are living **** lives because of the fact that insurance companies run the health system. My dad can't even get proper care because the insurance companies will not pay for the pain medication he needs..

Yeah, we would need to cut in other areas but I think it is completely worth it.
I think a national health service would be a bit much for the USA to handle in regards to administration and standards. Could you ensure that 52+ states had the same standards?

I think you'd have to look a State wide health services, so state taxes would pay for your healthcare.

I'm the UK, just those points popped up for me.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
hmmm the NHS in england is understaffed in staff who do the doctoring and nursing and overstaffed with administrators. Its also very dirty in a lot of hospitals with no where near enough room. America would have to try very hard to get it to work well and in the current economic situatiion thats not gonna happen.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
France has one... IDTS?
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
I can't really think of any reason why any nation doesn't deserve it's own NHS.
The notion that the NHS is somehow some terrible organistation seems to be perpetuated by most Americans.

If you havn't watched 'Sicko' by Michael Moore I suggest you take a look. Obviuosly you must take EVERYTHING with a pinch of salt but some of his points are hard facts.

In rankings of global healthcare services the NHS trounces the USA good and proper.

Free and unlimited healthcare to all, regardless of money or status. Sounds pretty good to me.
Why yes I am in National Honors Society
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Free and unlimited healthcare to all, regardless of money or status. Sounds pretty good to me.

How is it free if we're all paying for it?
Yes. I'm not from the USA, but I think they should have a system where all the country chips in and pays for one another. Its a lot better than private. Its a lot fairer, and means everyone gets free surgery
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Absolutely the US should have it. Shouldn't even be a question.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by RU Experienced?
How is it free if we're all paying for it?

Well let's say you need an appendectomy.

The taxes you've paid through the course of your life will just about a tenth of that cover that.

So buy one appendectomy, get every other medical procedure ever done, free.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

The taxes you've paid through the course of your life will just about a tenth of that cover that.

So it's not free.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

That's not free. Plus what if I never need any surgery in my lifetime, I'm still paying taxes for other peoples.

On second thought, I have a paper to finish and an exam tomorrow so I don't want to get too far from my train of thought
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's not free. Plus what if I never need any surgery in my lifetime, I'm still paying taxes for other peoples.

On second thought, I have a paper to finish and an exam tomorrow so I don't want to get too far from my train of thought

But what of you do and you can't afford it? I bet you'll wish you had an NHS where other people can pay for your treatment then won't you.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
For far too long in this country has viewed health as a priviledge.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

National health care!? That's.... that's.......

(These are the jokes, kid. I voted yes up there.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

See the concept of "free" healthcare is immpossible. We would all pay for it in taxes. I do believe that the insurance companies are ****ing everything up, but do I think there are better ways to go about it than implementing a NHS? Yes I do
Quote by DardoBoy
See the concept of "free" healthcare is immpossible. We would all pay for it in taxes. I do believe that the insurance companies are ****ing everything up, but do I think there are better ways to go about it than implementing a NHS? Yes I do

Would you care to divulge?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by DardoBoy

NHS doesnt mean free healthcare. No one (that has any idea what they are talking about) said its free.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

^oh shit DardoBoy, nice avatar, that is a fantastic album

No, we should not have it. People should be responsible for their own health costs. If they need additional financial support, that's what charity organizations are for. If you want to be generous and help out those facing health ailments, donate to the appropriate charity. Don't try and force others to donate, that's about as dumb as a mandatory volunteering system. I do not support government involvement here, it should be a private matter.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?

Do you have no interest in the welfare of others? Helping your fellow man etc?
The NHS in Britain needs an efficiency overhall. But yes I think the cost of medical care should be spread among the masses, in the form of taxation.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Canadian here, and it boggles my mind how a nation can call itself the greatest country in the world when they willingly let babies and small children die of simple, preventable causes just because they were born to poor families makes me sick to the very pit of my stomach

Oh, and anyone that voted no to NHS deserves to have all their money stolen from them and hit by a car, I'm not even joking
Quote by Encyclopedia
The NHS in Britain needs an efficiency overhall. But yes I think the cost of medical care should be spread among the masses, in the form of taxation.

I'd sooner get treated back in England than I would in the USA.

In all my hospital visits over the years I would have racked up a bill of ten of thousands of dollars if it wasn't for the NHS, and I've never had to wait longer than an hour in a central London hospital.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by Supertait
I'd sooner get treated back in England than I would in the USA.

In all my hospital visits over the years I would have racked up a bill of ten of thousands of dollars if it wasn't for the NHS, and I've never had to wait longer than an hour in a central London hospital.

For what kind of procedure. My Aunt had to wait 2 months for a major breast cancer operation...

And anyway efficicency doesn't necessarily denote not being able to fit patients in, it's about how much of the money we pump into the NHS actually comes out as useful output.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Looking at the poll, almost everyone from outside the US thinks we should have it, while a slight majority in the US thinks we shouldn't. What's wrong with this country?

*sigh*
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by maninthebox24
Looking at the poll, almost everyone from outside the US thinks we should have it, while a slight majority in the US thinks we shouldn't. What's wrong with this country?

*sigh*

Everyone's terrified that one social program will turn us into Soviet Russia.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Encyclopedia
For what kind of procedure. My Aunt had to wait 2 months for a major breast cancer operation...

And anyway efficicency doesn't necessarily denote not being able to fit patients in, it's about how much of the money we pump into the NHS actually comes out as useful output.

There are problems with it I admit that. It's by no means perfect but it's far better than being refused treatment under a private system and dieing needlessly. I think the NHS prioritise things, so if your Aunt had a heart attack or brain tumor that was an immediate risk to her life they would treat her there and then. People don't realise how good we have it health wise.

Quote by SteveHouse
Everyone's terrified that one social program will turn us into Soviet Russia.

Yet you guys have public police, schooling, fire depts and postal services and so on...
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Last edited by Supertait at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
^oh shit DardoBoy, nice avatar, that is a fantastic album

No, we should not have it. People should be responsible for their own health costs. If they need additional financial support, that's what charity organizations are for. If you want to be generous and help out those facing health ailments, donate to the appropriate charity. Don't try and force others to donate, that's about as dumb as a mandatory volunteering system. I do not support government involvement here, it should be a private matter.

Wow, so we should rely on third parties for health care, and charities? And then you go to say that if you dont want to donate dont do it?

So you advocate underfunded charities taking care of over 300 million people.

Man thats a smart move
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by Supertait
There are problems with it I admit that. It's by no means perfect but it's far better than being refused treatment under a private system and dieing needlessly. I think the NHS prioritise things, so if your Aunt had a heart attack or brain tumor that was an immediate risk to her life they would treat her there and then. People don't realise how good we have it health wise.
Yeah I'll agree with that. I am fully in support of the NHS in principle, in practice however it's quite inefficienct in parts.
Page 1 of 3