When you set your mids on the amp to a low level.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
What are the advantages of that?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Some people like the tone it gets - it sounds quite 'raw' - For a best example think Dimebag.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
most bands do it because they use pickups/effects that are high in mids (emgs), so it evens everything out.
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
But live your sound will cut through like a spoon cutting a cinderblock, usually in the studio the engineer will cut the mids on everything else including the drums so that the guitars will come through. Its a good setting for cleaner riffage though (not playing cleans, but i mean the riffs will come through as more precise and less muddy)
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
NO WONDER I GET ALL THIS DAMNED FEEDBACK THROUGH MY AMP!

I have my mids on 7! I knew I was doing something wrong.

Thank you UG, you just made my week better!
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Well it could just be your amp. My mids alternate from like 3.5 to 5. You don't want to loose them for sure, but then diming any part of the EQ is generally "meh", unless your last name is Townshend or Kilmister.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs