I've been playing guitar now for almost 5 months. I've been learning on all full scale guitars both electric and acoustic. I am going on vacation in a couple months and don't really want to have to "check in" my guitar and lug it around. I honestly don't think i'm going to have much time to play so I can't justify going through all that effort to play maybe 20 minutes a day. I do, however, want to bring a guitar with me because here at home I play every day, even if it's for 5 minutes. I also want to show my family what i've learned.

I've pretty much decided on the Baby Taylor. For a 3/4 scale guitar it's got some big sound and I already own a Taylor so it'll be like his baby brother.

If I use a 3/4 scale guitar for a few days will that mess up the muscle memory I have embedded in my head for the last 5 months? I know the scale length is shorter. I'm going to say NO but I figured i'd ask anyway!

Also, I haven't flown in a while. Is the Baby Taylor in it's gig big still small enough to bring on the plane and store in the overhead bins?
It will likely be a bit awkward when you first play you full sized guitar again, and a bit awkward when you start on your 3/4 scale guitar. Not hard to get used to though. Any change of guitar will defininately take a little bit of getting used to, even if it's just the way it sits on your lap (if you play sitting). Should only really take like 1 hour at most to get used to though.

And I don't fly much so .. I don't know about your other question :S
Uh don't you need a hardshell case to take your guitar in the air? I read something about the pressure doing something to the neck and snapping the strings.

You sure you want a Baby Taylor? People might nick it although they might think it's a kid's guitar. Also it's pretty difficult not to bang it around in a crowded airport.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Try the Tacoma Papoose, It's like a guitar capo'ed on the fifth fret, but at least when you play it, you'll notice that it isn't a toy unlike so many "micro" guitars that have that novelty feel to them.
agreed on getting a shredneck for practice while traveling.
though, your not going to be able to play for anyone. Not really any sound.
(though that would be cool if they would make one that could plug in. hmmmm.)

Switching between a baby taylor and a full size isn't going to take long. Just make sure you do practice before you try and show off the skills for people! I mean to say, it is a bit different.

-Ryan
To solve that problem, shouldn't I just loosen the strings and re-tune after I land? How do professional bands travel with their equipment??

I honestly swayed from the Baby Taylor to the Laguna LG1 - the price is $100 less but I would have to buy the travel bag @ $30 so about $70 less. The guitar is very similar in design and it lacks the bass response of the baby taylor but as an advantage has an overall clearity to the mids and highs (The Baby Taylor IMO has lower frequencies that drown out the mids/highs)

Quote by synctium
Uh don't you need a hardshell case to take your guitar in the air? I read something about the pressure doing something to the neck and snapping the strings.

You sure you want a Baby Taylor? People might nick it although they might think it's a kid's guitar. Also it's pretty difficult not to bang it around in a crowded airport.