This came upon me unexpectedly like an unplanned pregnancy. I was stacking coins in the piggy bank for an RG Prestige or maybe another Parker, but then I noticed this and just had to buy it. I guess because it's a hobby of mine getting mahogany guitars with EMGs despite the fact that none of them ever lasted more than three months with me.

This is a strange Charvel allegedly made in Japan somewhere in the early nineties. That's pretty much all I know about it. The thing plays nicely and looks very cute. But then again, it has a Fender-ish neck profile which is not my favourite thing out there. Soooo, does anybody know anything about these guitars that I can use to my advantage while reselling it or should I keep it for the good looks?

Mahogany body with a pretty top.

Aftermarket EMG 81/81 and stock Wilkie VS100.

Bolt-on neck with no neckplate. Fairly comfy heel.

Locking tuners and roller nut.

Tuners by somebody named "Jackson". Who is this fellow anyways?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
if you like it i say keep it, i couldn't find jack on it after a quick google, so i dunno much about it tough

br00tal hello kitty strap as well
Wow, very weird, I'd keep it, but that's just me, though I ain't a fan of the EMGs. Very nice find though.
Awesome strap BTW, get it with a Hello Kitty squier or did you buy it seperately?
^ I think he's kidding

To TS: very nice guitar ! I'd keep it anyday
Quote by Woozye
^ I think he's kidding

To TS: very nice guitar ! I'd keep it anyday

you never know.... ^_^
How dare you make what appears to be an old late-1970's EMG-equipped Jackson/Charvel and a Mesa work with a Pocket POD.

Anyway, TS, it looks nice. If you like it, keep it. If not, don't. Simple as that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by randomhero93
you never know.... ^_^

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by randomhero93

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by telemetal
if you like it i say keep it, i couldn't find jack on it after a quick google, so i dunno much about it tough

br00tal hello kitty strap as well
Yeah, I did a quick google myself. Was hoping maybe someone has a stock of old catalogs where these show up. And yeah, pink is the new black!

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Wow, very weird, I'd keep it, but that's just me, though I ain't a fan of the EMGs. Very nice find though.
Awesome strap BTW, get it with a Hello Kitty squier or did you buy it seperately?
Yeah, EMGs aren't my thing either. I'll probably be selling at least that part of it, or trading them for a couple PAFs.

I took the strap from an Avril wannabe tween that I mugged this one day. The bitch had it coming, she was singing sk8r boi off key. Really though, it was a starting point for this project, which I decided to abandon when the cost of parts went into four digits.

Quote by necrosis1193
How dare you make what appears to be an old late-1970's EMG-equipped Jackson/Charvel and a Mesa work with a Pocket POD.
Oh yeah, them pocket pods are fairly hideous. I use it as a handy tuner, though. Works well enough for that. Also, I don't think it can be late-70s by any means, since it had the VS100 stock. That's a somewhat modern bridge.

Quote by randomhero93
you never know.... ^_^
you clearly never know...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Very nice looking guitar. Liking it a lot. How does it sound/play? Nice strap btw
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
no idea what that model is, man. looks very nice, though.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Looks like a MM Petrucci with a wilkinson and paddle headstock

looks more like the morse, maybe? maybe that's just the colour, though. agreed that it looks like a MM, though, that's the first thing i thought of too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by T!AN
That guitar is a cool collection of random. Pretty nifty pifty.
That's what I thought too, pretty neat piece of random guitar-ery. For $240, I can't really complain.

Quote by 1010011010
Looks cool. Digging that Hello Kitty strap you've got there. How's that Wilkinson BTW?
The bridge is okay. I'm a bit underwhelmed, as far as $100 standard trems go. Arm socket is pretty neat, and it has a wide range of adjustability. On the downside, it's still a standard two-point bridge with a very limited range and a rather stiff action. Holds tuning rather well, thanks to the locking tuners and (maybe) the roller nut. In the end, after the superlative Parker trem unit, the wilkie makes me want to block it.

Quote by gucio93
Very nice looking guitar. Liking it a lot. How does it sound/play? Nice strap btw
It's a sizeable chunk of mahogany, so sounds great. Or as great as my amp sounds, you pick. Not really digging the way it plays - the neck is thick, the fretboard is cramped, and the whole thing is heavy. But damnit, it's a cute little thing.

Quote by Dave_Mc
no idea what that model is, man. looks very nice, though.
looks more like the morse, maybe? maybe that's just the colour, though. agreed that it looks like a MM, though, that's the first thing i thought of too.

Oh no, Dave. MMs are gross, awkward, and have tacky cutouts, while this thing is edgy and sharp. Alas with a 42mm nut.
Quote by Ippon
Sounds like a no-brainer! Congrats!

I'm still hoping it'll maybe be worth more to someone who sympathizes with my lust for a wizard neck and an Edge Pro. All proceeds will go to the help-me-get-an-Ibanez charity.

Bloody Santa this year, I kept asking for a J-Custom and he just brought a heap of bills.
Quote by pifty

Bloody Santa this year, I kept asking for a J-Custom and he just brought a heap of bills.

It looks very nice,congrats.I'd personally keep it,since for that price it's a good deal and it's a bit of an odd ball.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Silent_Crow13
I'd sell it for $300

I'd probably buy it for $300

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'd sell it for $300 too, if I was a desperate starving child. But seeing how I already had a meal yesterday, I'm not quite there yet.
Quote by pifty

Oh no, Dave. MMs are gross, awkward, and have tacky cutouts, while this thing is edgy and sharp. Alas with a 42mm nut.

yeah, i like wider nuts too. i like musicmans/men a lot, though, just shame about the nut width too (same thing with vigier)...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pifty
The bridge is okay. I'm a bit underwhelmed, as far as $100 standard trems go. Arm socket is pretty neat, and it has a wide range of adjustability. On the downside, it's still a standard two-point bridge with a very limited range and a rather stiff action. Holds tuning rather well, thanks to the locking tuners and (maybe) the roller nut. In the end, after the superlative Parker trem unit, the wilkie makes me want to block it.

It may be a wise choice to block it, I haven't tried one of these amazing Parker trems and I want to block mine!
As much as it's nice enough, it doesn't know whether it wants to be fully floating or a strat style trem, meaning it CAN do some trem dives and stuff, but it also CAN go out of tune easily, the locking tuners and roller bridge will be whats helping your tuning.

Also that Hello Kitty project would've been stellar, though into 4 figures? Damn!
YOu could always go the cheap option and just mod a squier hello kitty and use budget parts (which was an idea of mine when a friend was gonna buy one. . .though that would've been theft on my part)
I would definitely keep it just for looks, and if it plays well, all the better. But I am a pack rat with guitars and hate to give any of them up.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Jan 28, 2009,
Nice man, id keep it but if you don't like it then sell it.
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Keep it, it's unique, and u couldn't buy it again if you wanted to.

I think it's a nice guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i like wider nuts too. i like musicmans/men a lot, though, just shame about the nut width too (same thing with vigier)...

I tried to warm up to MMs, but never really managed to. The petrucci is just one fucking tacky looking guitar even if it does have a great feel to it, and the trems on all of them are useless.

On the other hand, you know you're a guitar player if you can talk about liking music men with wider nuts and not feel distinctly queasy about it.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
It may be a wise choice to block it, I haven't tried one of these amazing Parker trems and I want to block mine!
As much as it's nice enough, it doesn't know whether it wants to be fully floating or a strat style trem, meaning it CAN do some trem dives and stuff, but it also CAN go out of tune easily, the locking tuners and roller bridge will be whats helping your tuning.
Yeah, it's not really a junk trem, but to me any standard non-locking non-recessed trem is pretty much junk. Even if it keeps tuning, the feel is just not all that. Now I realize that all too well. Got a tremol-no on order for this thing... gonna set it for dive-only.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Also that Hello Kitty project would've been stellar, though into 4 figures? Damn!
YOu could always go the cheap option and just mod a squier hello kitty and use budget parts (which was an idea of mine when a friend was gonna buy one. . .though that would've been theft on my part)
Haha, yeah, the initial idea was to get an HK Squier and slap a high-powered pickup in it, but then I noticed that HK Squiers are made of very compressed sawdust, and the neck is naaaaasty. So I figured, hey, warmoth neck and body, ebay hardware, and then I'd still have to buy an HK squier because that's pretty much the only way to attain the treasured pickguard. Went kind of expensive, and then I decided that what I really want is a black HH telecaster with pink or neon green binding. I'd go as far as to pay insane amounts of money for a custom, but don't really know where to go.

On topic, I decided that I'm gonna keep the charvel just for the sake of its rarity. Even though it has Michael Jackson signature tuners and the hello kitty strap stole the show anyways, I still think it's one pretty guitar.
I tried to warm up to MMs, but never really managed to. The petrucci is just one fucking tacky looking guitar even if it does have a great feel to it, and the trems on all of them are useless.

On the other hand, you know you're a guitar player if you can talk about liking music men with wider nuts and not feel distinctly queasy about it.

haha

don't the floydy ones have gotoh trems, though? gotoh trems are great...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha

don't the floydy ones have gotoh trems, though? gotoh trems are great...
Not sure who makes their Floyds, but isn't Axis the only MM with a Floyd? And that's non-recessed. EVH or not, non-recessed floyds are a waste of a locking nut.
they look like gotohs to me. they're indentical...

i like both recessed and unrecessed... if i had to choose, though, i'd prefer recessed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pifty
Not sure who makes their Floyds, but isn't Axis the only MM with a Floyd? And that's non-recessed. EVH or not, non-recessed floyds are a waste of a locking nut.

Eh. They both have their ups and downs. The only thing i don't like about non-recessed is you can't make it "warble" like steve vai and satch do sometimes but smacking the arm quickly so it yanks the strings back and forth fast.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Eh. They both have their ups and downs. The only thing i don't like about non-recessed is you can't make it "warble" like steve vai and satch do sometimes but smacking the arm quickly so it yanks the strings back and forth fast.

To each their own playing style, I guess. For me, a non-recessed floyd is like a car that only steers to the right, and I don't even use it for your typical trem wankery.
Quote by yoyodunno
Sarcasm...

Btw, nice catch. It is kinda like a wolfgang-ish guitar with a Spector headstock. A non recessed floyd would make it sexaaaaay.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jan 28, 2009,
Now that I think about it, I'll trade my Jackson for it if you are so dead set on selling it. PM me your email if you are interested.

Pics.

-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by kranoscorp
Now that I think about it, I'll trade my Jackson for it if you are so dead set on selling it. PM me your email if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer, but vees in any incarnation are not my thing, nor am I a fan of licensed Floyds that I haven't had experience with.