Got about £350 to spend on a new amp and i know all of these are in my price range.

Fender Frontman 212R
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60-DFX
Ibanez TBX150R
Peavey Vypyr 75
Laney LX120 Twin

I mainly play metal but do occasionally like to throw in a few effects and cleans from time to time which I know may be a problem for some of the amps.

Just wanted to know if anyone had played any of these to give me an insight.

Thanks.
I have an H&K 30DFX, very nice, but you need to add a pedal for metal

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
IMO, the Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
just bedroom really, but could possibly gig in a few years, who knows. I want to be able to gig it just incase the possibilty arises really.
stupid question. everyone will reccomend the vypyr. go try them out to see which one you want, not what every metalhead on UG wants.
For 350 pounds you can get a tube amp. I looked at ebay.co.uk and there are plenty of Marshall and Laney tube amps in your price range
Quote by axe_thrasher
NO, NO, NO I HATE TUBE. So no more recommendations for tube amps.

Um. Why?

Its a pretty common fact that tube sounds a lot better. I mean, do you hate tone or something? You should look at a Line 6 Spider 3 then.

You are giving up a lot of great deals on a lot better amps. I mean, a Fender Frontman and no one is bashing yet? C'mon...
Quote by eurotrashed
Um. Why?

Its a pretty common fact that tube sounds a lot better. I mean, do you hate tone or something? You should look at a Line 6 Spider 3 then.

You are giving up a lot of great deals on a lot better amps. I mean, a Fender Frontman and no one is bashing yet? C'mon...

... Tube elitism FTL.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
... Tube elitism FTL.

You already seem like the elitist here with your signature clearly stating your hate for some certain amps.

350 pounds, that is $500 or so. And with lots of the British amps being cheaper over there and in that price range, it seems ridiculous to get a SS amp. There is no SS amp that sounds nearly as good as any tube amp. I mean a Fender Frontman over a used Marshall tube amp?
just an old avid hate really, they always seem to break on me probably because im heavy handed. I didnt mean to bite anyones head off btw.
Quote by axe_thrasher
just an old avid hate really, they always seem to break on me probably because im heavy handed. I didnt mean to bite anyones head off btw.

I don't get how heavy handed in your playing would break an amp.

Unless you mean you are physically heavy handed and break the amp by dropping it or something...

There are tube amps that are more unreliable than most, like Laney AOR and another series likes to blow OTs. But if you get a reliable one, they are great. I think I have seen more SS amps break than tube, and tube amps are much easier to fix. Broken SS amps are better to be replaced than fixed.
Noooo. Im not heavy handed in my playing at all, otherwise why would i spend nearyl £400 on an amp XD. I mean when i lug it around to practice with mates n stuff, i always end up dropping them or something. Ive broke two tube amps this way and dont wanna do it again.
Those amps are almost universally wank, mate.

Vypyr 75 or Flextone. I'd go for the Flextone, wicked amps.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Oh, so more so clumsy than heavy handed... lol

What broke, just the tubes? If more than the tubes broke, I can see a SS amp breaking from that type of impact too.

There are always cases too.

I guess the Orange Tiny Terror comes with a padded gigbag for people like you. lol, I never understood the gig bag personally.
yer just the tubes but i cba forking out £15-£30 every time i break one. Plus ive never had any problems with ss amps ever. I think ill jus get the peavey. I didnt think the other were that bad after reading harmony central reviews buit bah. Im sick of line 6 too so f*ck the flextone. They really need to start making new models cos the ones they use atm are years old and are starting to get boring.
Quote by axe_thrasher
yer just the tubes but i cba forking out £15-£30 every time i break one. Plus ive never had any problems with ss amps ever. I think ill jus get the peavey. I didnt think the other were that bad after reading harmony central reviews buit bah. Im sick of line 6 too so f*ck the flextone. They really need to start making new models cos the ones they use atm are years old and are starting to get boring.
So is your face.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by eurotrashed
You already seem like the elitist here with your signature clearly stating your hate for some certain amps.

350 pounds, that is $500 or so. And with lots of the British amps being cheaper over there and in that price range, it seems ridiculous to get a SS amp. There is no SS amp that sounds nearly as good as any tube amp. I mean a Fender Frontman over a used Marshall tube amp?

I have experience with them. The spider is fizzy. I owned an MG (well, it was a VS30R but it was damned similar sounding).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden