Every grade I have overall is 89 or above, most in the 90s. But math is a different story. I've always considered math to be my biggest trouble academically but I've @#$!ing had it now. Last report card, I had a 68, which is the worst I've ever gotten on a report card.

But the thing is, I've never really understood math better. I get EVERYTHING in class. All of it. But for some ridiculous reason, this my worst year for math. I got a 54 on a test earlier in the year, which is the lowest I've ever gotten on a test. The highest I've gotten on a test this year is like 80, which is OK (I'm perfectionist) but everything else has been low 70 s and high 60 s.

WTF is my problem? I get everything we do in class but I end up doing badly. I've never had this problem before until this year and a bit of last year. Like we just finished our midterms and I was so confident, I knew everything, I was ready. I thought the math tests were very easy and that I would do well but I saw my mark for one of the three parts. It's a 55.

I know I don't have test anxiety because I don't freeze and forget everything when i'm doing the test. I know what I'm doing when I'm doing the test. Please, I need help, badly.
Last edited by Splashed at Jan 27, 2009,
dude i do that too sometimes. i realized that i was just rushing, and missing the little things. you gotta take your time, and make sure you have everything right.
Maybe you just suck at math?

Happened to me too. Had at least an 80 in all of my classes, except for any math oriented classes.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I have the same problem. Sad thing is, there isn't an easy way to do it. I learned the hard way, doing horrible my first year of Algebra and needing to make up for it. My only advice is spend as much time as you need to, going through every single problem, examining every detail about the questions, and then look over chapter reviews at the end of the section.
Are you checking your answers, I used to rush through math tests because they were always easy for me, but after we began more complex stuff I would be careless and make dumb mistakes. My test averages went up around 15% when I thoroughly checked my answers before handing them in. If it's just calculating and arithmetic problems that you have try not to use a calculator and do mental math or work problems out on paper. It sounds elementary, but knowing all basic multiplication tables could help drastically.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by joshua122593
You're just not a mathematician.

Yeah I know, I'm an artistic person but I've gotten 90s in math before. I mean, I got a 96 on my midterm last year.
Look at your test results, find out what your mistakes were. Obviously you are making mistakes that you don't realize you make. The sooner you find out what those are, the sooner you can fix them and make better grades. Good luck!
You may be a grade A student, but guess what? You don't practise. Math is all bout practice. You don't just blast through the doors of the exam room, knowing all the theorems and properties and expect to get a A. Practise a certain method of solving/theorem with at least 10 different questions. If you can't solve 1, try to solve 2 others. See what I'm getting at?
I dunno what level of education you're at, but I'm guessing high-school freshman or so. It's not that hard. And ffs, don't pick a major that involves maths. Cause you'll hate it.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by pHaKe
Are you checking your answers, I used to rush through math tests because they were always easy for me, but after we began more complex stuff I would be careless and make dumb mistakes. My test averages went up around 15% when I thoroughly checked my answers before handing them in. If it's just calculating and arithmetic problems that you have try not to use a calculator and do mental math or work problems out on paper. It sounds elementary, but knowing all basic multiplication tables could help drastically.

Seconded. I lost a letter grade in maths once because of stupid mistakes on a final. (It feels SO GOOD to be done with that stuff! English majors FTW!)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

You're just not interested in it.

Sounds stupid, but you do better on stuff on what you're interested in. There isn't very much to desire in maths, where as history or something similar can be turned into a hobby.

I'm not bad at maths but I always do better in the more interesting subjects or ones that don't take much thoughts.

Also, you could be just naturally bad/good at maths.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
in exams, don't rush the questions. practise maths by doing tons of problems, get your teacher to give you harder problems to do so that when you come to do the standard exam questions, it'll feel like adding 2 and 2.

if you're not already doing so, compound what you learn and understand in class by going over it again in your own time, and do questions.

just keep trying, and keep solving exercises, and you should see improvements.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Hack in to the computers at school and change your grades. Works for me
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )