my bridge pickup for my tele is way too high and giving off too much treble. if i lower the height of that side of my pick ups, will it lessen the treble and harshness?
try turnin the treble down on your amp.

teles are supposed to be treble ended by the way
Maybe? You can try turning your tone nob towards the bass, OR buy a different guitar because that treble is also known as the TELETWANG.
The adjustment will work, but you could always turn down the treble on your amp. Teles are supposed to have alot of treble and bite, like for indie rock, ska, and country.
Adjust the guitar's tone and volume controls. And the treble for the amp. I don't recommend playing with both knobs up all the way, try about 3/4 or lower. Then for leads turn'em up.

But no matter what, Tele's naturally sound trebly compared to other guitars.
Quote by qotsa1998
The adjustment will work, but you could always turn down the treble on your amp. Teles are supposed to have alot of treble and bite, like for indie rock, ska, and country.

the pickup is extremely high ont he treble side. almost touching the strings
Quote by Pac_man0123
Putting them closer to the string can kill some of your sustain as well as increase volume output/signal strength and you'll get a more trebly sound that way i think.

Yeah, this is what I meant. If the pickups are almost touching the strings, that could be too high.

The closer the pickup is to the strings, the louder, and hotter it'll be. If they're too close (or, on the flipside, too low), it'll make your tone sound crappy. And the angle of the pickup sides matter too. If your guitar is too trebly, lower the side of the pickup(s) that are closer to the high strings. This will reduce the treblyness.
Quote by Bling Dogg
Yeah, this is what I meant. If the pickups are almost touching the strings, that could be too high.

The closer the pickup is to the strings, the louder, and hotter it'll be. If they're too close (or, on the flipside, too low), it'll make your tone sound crappy. And the angle of the pickup sides matter too. If your guitar is too trebly, lower the side of the pickup(s) that are closer to the high strings. This will reduce the treblyness.

thats what ill do. so how do i do it? lol. i got a 72 tele deluxe
If they're almost touching the strings, that is WAY too high.
Lower is significantly. That should help a lot.
Member of the Laney Cult
Each pickup will have two screws on either side of it which are what holds the pickup in the pickguard. Use a screwdriver to turn those screws which will lower/raise the pickups.

For reference most people have pickups around 4mm (give or take) from the strings. However every guitar, pickup and make of strings is different, so you might have to experiment for awhile to find the height that works best for you. As a rule though, if a pickup is higher it will produce more output (louder signal), it will reatc to harmonics better, but it will hurt the sustain of the guitar and it tends to make the overall tone very muddy and badly defined. If a pickup is lowered the overall output drops and it won't be quite as reactive to subtle harmonics, but it will be much better defined and responsive for everything else and the guitar should be able to sustain notes a little longer. Personally I think it is better to have a pickup too low than too high.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Each pickup will have two screws on either side of it which are what holds the pickup in the pickguard. Use a screwdriver to turn those screws which will lower/raise the pickups.

For reference most people have pickups around 4mm (give or take) from the strings. However every guitar, pickup and make of strings is different, so you might have to experiment for awhile to find the height that works best for you. As a rule though, if a pickup is higher it will produce more output (louder signal), it will reatc to harmonics better, but it will hurt the sustain of the guitar and it tends to make the overall tone very muddy and badly defined. If a pickup is lowered the overall output drops and it won't be quite as reactive to subtle harmonics, but it will be much better defined and responsive for everything else and the guitar should be able to sustain notes a little longer. Personally I think it is better to have a pickup too low than too high.

thank you