ive been lurking around looking for a epiphone dot. ive been to pawnshops, guitar center, online stores, and i finally wound up on ebay.

ive found a couple of dots with broken necks. they all are broken/cracked at the headstock because of being in tune when they were dropped during shipping

i was thinking i could just replace the neck at first, but since they have a set neck, im beginning to doubt i can do that, if i find a neck for a dot/es 335 that is whole.

so my questions are 1) is it worth it to buy a dot with broken neck? 2) how hard is it to replace a set neck? 3) does it have to be from a dot or an es 335 or can it be from other set neck gibsons/epiphones?

thanks in advance
Replacing a set neck will end very badly (aesthetically, though potentially technically as well) unless it is done flawlessly.

Don't get it, you'll end up paying more for the repairs than you would for a regular Epi Dot.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
o thanks chris

so mintsauce are you saying i could just glue the headstock back on if i ask them for the broken piece?
Quote by wyckedcombo17
o thanks chris

so mintsauce are you saying i could just glue the headstock back on if i ask them for the broken piece?

It depends on the break, really. You might need to set some dowels in too, but have a look before you buy.
I misread the headstock part, I though the neck itself was ****ed. Anyway, you should really look at it before you buy it, as in figure out what you would do to fix it first. Also, it might end up looking as good as it would new (could be moot or drastic).

Any chance of pictures?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Both of those breaks are fixable. Believe it or not, I'd rather work on the second one than the first.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap