Page 1 of 2
i currenlty own an epiphone g-310 but i want a real gibson sg any ideas on how i could get one? how did u get your guitar?
Going into a shop with enough money to cover the cost of purchasing one usually does the trick.

Make sure it's a guitar shop though, I can't tell you how mortified I was that time I asked for a PRS in a fishmongers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 27, 2009,
I went on a magical quest in which I faced many perils and walking trees, someone later bought film rights and changed the guitar for a ring and changed it so I was getting rid of it rather that getting it.

But seriously, online shops, guitar stores, ebay/craigslist/other means of getting it secondhand.

Unless you're asking how I got my guitar? Through one of the 2 Carvin dealers in the UK.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Jan 27, 2009,
which one lol
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by RockxxStar
i currenlty own an epiphone g-310 but i want a real gibson sg any ideas on how i could get one? how did u get your guitar?

are people really this stupid?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Woke up Christmas morning and saw an electric guitar and amplifier beneath the Christmas tree, i actually didn't touch the guitar for longer than a minute half a year later when I started to get into rock music and thought "let's try this now!"
████████
████████
████████
payed the guy at the counter D:
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
I had a dual with the devil and beat his lily ass. So he gave my some money and i bought one. the end.

The moral of the story: You buy it or its gifted to you either way you obtain a guitar throught an exchange of money (or sex).
earn some money
buy one
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
to get a guitar all you have to do is click your heels 3 times, look up to the sky, and belive..
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Quote by rorygodowsky
to get a guitar all you have to do is click your heels 3 times, look up to the sky, and belive..

This.

And you're $15 dollars away from $3000. Congrats!

Are you going to buy a guitar with that money? How are you going to buy it????????

Man, wtf is up with this forum lately? Combine this with yesterday's ""How do I know if a tab is correct" thread, and I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.
Quote by Timehbgood
bought it from some guy, turned out he was in the coral.

awesome

bravo - the fewer guitars The Coral have access to the better

I've had the misfortune of seeing them twice live, they're shockingly bad.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Going into a shop with enough money to cover the cost of purchasing one usually does the trick.

Make sure it's a guitar shop though, I can't tell you how mortified I was that time I asked for a PRS in a fishmongers.

haha

I rarely ever talk to you man, but be assured: You deliver in the funny department.

Ts, what do you think how to do it? I go to work and bust my arse there, so I have enough money to buy instruments.
If you're young, you're pretty much stuck with sh*tty jobs like mowing people's lawn (good luck during winter) or being the paper boy.
Get that cash.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by JustinHorne
Man, wtf is up with this forum lately? Combine this with yesterday's ""How do I know if a tab is correct" thread, and I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

sorry to everyone it was just an act of desperation lol, i really want a brand guitar.
Well, unless you can find that fortune teller thing that Tom Hanks stumbled across in "Big" you're just going to have to wait a few years.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

My Dillion copy I bought after getting a computer for free and having $1,000 to blow(I also got an iPod Touch with that money). My strat I bought from my uncle for $220. Just get a job and work your ass off.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I just grabbed one out of the box.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I got my SG Standard for $600 used because some guy who worked in the store next to mine offered it to me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Well, since you want a Gibson, go for an Epiphone G-400 with hardware, electronic, and pickup changes. Probably just as good, actually.

I got my Epi LP standard because I bought it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I clicked "Confirm Order" on musiciansfriend.com

Later, it magically appeared when the UPS man delivered it!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I had some money left over from a recent spike in crack and heroin sales, and thought, "Eh, what the hell?"

Actually, I got the Squier for Christmas, and the Schecter Omen 6 from a pawn shop (for $150 when the list price was $400 )
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

i took a **** and my squire appeared in the toilet.

my g-400 on hte other hand i used something called money, payed a man and he gave it to me in return for the money.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
My friend was selling it and I liked it so I worked, got some money, and bought it from him, that simple
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by steven seagull
bravo - the fewer guitars The Coral have access to the better

I've had the misfortune of seeing them twice live, they're shockingly bad.

Did you play that song that was in Scrubs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJEmtRSzwg
That one? I love that song...
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 27, 2009,
My best guitar (Gibson Explorer Pro) I got as a combined birthday-Christmas-birthday-Christmas-birthday-Christmas-birthday present.
So for 4 years, I got really lame presents for my birthday from my parents. Was it worth it? Hell yes.

Your best bet is to just prove to your parents that guitar is what you want to do with your life, and that their money wouldn't be wasted.
Play some gigs and get a band together and all that and argue that you NEED a good guitar sometime.

Or, get a job and save the money up. That's how I got the rest of mine
Member of the Laney Cult
uhh, paid for it!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Page 1 of 2