I have a Fender Squier right now, and like the title suggests, I'm thinking of upgrading. What would be the better V's? I play heavy metal.

Everything on the internet is 100 dollars more when I go to my music store. So keep that in mind please.
well ..... I don't know any guitar matching your criteria
What kind of music do you like to play?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Dean VX. Good guitar.
You do know that it's a bitch to play a V sitting down though, right? I would go out to your local music store and play a V before you go off ordering one.
^ Same here, I have one, it's nice, but see if you're comfortable sitting down with it, personally, I don't know how anyone can play anything sitting down, I always stand to play.
Classic position

But I always stand up when I play. I'm a gigging muscian so I kind of have to practice standing up.

So I'd been doing research and I found the Jackson JS30KV King V which is in my price range. I heard it's good, but it's an entry level guitar so would it be worth it compared to my Squier?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?page=2&product=2900014503
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jan 27, 2009,
the only one is the epiphone korina flying V its the only one worth it. Seriously doont get a flying v though cuz you pretty much have to stand up while playing it.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Epiphone '58 Korina V Reissue.

Slap in some new pickups and maybe new hardware if you must, and you're set.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
epi korina v,
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
My neighbor has the Epi Korina V, its a great guitar but he did have problems with the electronics for a while (just wires coming loose, nothing major.)
Schecter B-1's are only like $349 (at least on drumcity guitarland's site), so that'd be a good value

Also Jackson's RR30 is $399 and the B.C. Rich Kerry King signature V pack is about $500 as well.

Decent to get started

if you're willing to shell out a bit more, I'd recommend one of the new Epiphone Korina V's. Nice pickups, set neck, grover tuners for around $600.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Demon_dave
Schecter B-1's are only like $349 (at least on drumcity guitarland's site), so that'd be a good value

Also Jackson's RR30 is $399 and the B.C. Rich Kerry King signature V pack is about $500 as well.

Decent to get started

if you're willing to shell out a bit more, I'd recommend one of the new Epiphone Korina V's. Nice pickups, set neck, grover tuners for around $600.

The BC Rich is a no already. BC Rich's are hard to find round' here. Love Kerry King though :P

Jackson's is most likely my only option. What's your opinion on the guitar I suggested above?

All the Randy Rhoad guitars that are around here are all the high end ones.
i hear the hamer vectors are pretty good. could be hard to find though...
I LOVE Paintball
I'd say the Epiphone korina V too. I personally don't mind playing Vs sitting down, as long as you have a strap you should be good.
Epi korina is an awesome guitar, but if ya want something cheaper, theres a basswood Dean V with grovers and semi-good pickups. I think basswood is good esp for metal (maybe not lead unless you have a trebly pup like a JB - they'll even themselves out and sound awesome). Anyway, it runs for $220 USD. Comes in black or braziliaburst. Called a Dean VX or something. Awesome gig guitar. Its cheap and very light yet cool looking if ya dig Vs... but it does ding easily unless the finish is thick

Only question is... can you live with the headstock? its a hate or love thing. I like em, personally.
The jackson you suggested is nice and so is the Rhoads in all honesty id go for a jackson the pick ups in it might not be the best but there ok you can replace down the line i have a Jackson DXMG Dinky love it came with EMG-HZ s in it but scout out your local guitar center for Vs you'll find somin

My Master of Distortion
Dean Razorback V
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 3
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Crybaby From Hell
Fender Medium/Light picks
DR Dimebag High Voltage Strings 10-46
Doese this smell like Chloroform to you?
If you don't care about the name on the headstock, check out a Tokai or any other over seas knockoff, they are excellent quality and cheap. If you drop new pickups in them they are even better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Flying-V-Cherry-1967-model-with-case_W0QQitemZ300289660134QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item300289660134&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

i don't know how much higher in price that one will go, it's got a long time left to go
I found a razorback -v on ebay for $300, And they are not hard to play sitting down with or w/o a strap.
Douglas Fulcrum
http://www.rondomusic.com/fulcrumwhite.html

It's a fixer-upper for sure, but put in new electronics (a set of EMG's will have all new electronics) and it should be a solid axe. I'm buying one to use for metal.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
^^ that fulcrum looks awesome and at $130 .. even if its a total crapper, its hardly a real loss.

the upper frets don't look TOO hard to access either.

100 - 500..

my best bet is to check out the V type guitars on www.rondomusic.com if you live in North america.

the V's and other nice guitars are listed near the end.

http://www.rondomusic.com/hornet6problk.html this one is $100 more than you requested.. but you DO get a case with it!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jan 28, 2009,
Second hand RR3 maybe, or an Epiphone flying V (No idea how much those are though)

Go second hand, get more for your $
i agree dean. i don't much think jackson is worthy unless u go high end. i cant' remeber how much the lower end esp v costs but it sounds better then low end jacksons. not as good as the v-400 tho
Keep On Keepen' On