Sorry I know I've got the exactly same thread in the electric, but I thought this place might be more appropriate. And I don't know if there's rules on putting same threads so if someone tells me it's not ok, I'll delete either one.

Is it ok to put a bass through an electric guitar amp? How bout vice versa? How bout if you get one of those things where you can plug in two guitars in one amp, will you be able to plug in the bass and guitar? Does it sound like sh!t if it's possible? Also, does it matter if you put guitar effects through a bass? and vice versa.

My friend's gonna come over and he has sh!t amp so I wanted to get those things where you put in two guitars in one amp(someone tell me what this is NOW!), and plug my guitar and his bass.. Well to solve the problem to get different tones, we'll be using separate pedals ( don't know if this works so also answer this please lol)
dont do that, you'll mess up your speaker.

you can put a guitar thru a bass amp.

but when you put a bass thru a guitar amp, it moves the speaker a lot and you can mess it up.

plus when you put 2 guitars thru one amp,(except on amps made for it) it cuts the volume and sounds bad anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 27, 2009,