I just wanted to know if there is a pedal out there that you could put at the begging or end of your pedal rig to make everyother pedal you go through to have a true bypass, insted of the buffered which all the 1's i curently have, have. Or if you use effects loop with them would that give a true bypass verses going\/

Guitar----> Pedals----> Amp

-thanks
Iron Promise
Xxƒ♪♫Rip-Dime,GNR♫♪ƒxX
Peace, Love, Rock
tru bypass has to do with the circuitry inside the individual pedals so for there to b an almighty tru bypass pedal. no, this does not exist
use your effects loop
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
You can use the effects loop for some pedals so that there is no signal degradation between your guitar and preamp.
Another feature that the BBE Sonic Stomp does is when put it's at the end of your pedal chain it helps restore clarity lost from mutiple pedal connections.
It doesn't make anything true bypass though. No pedal will do that.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I dunno what true bypass is, but couldn't you just make a switch box with a stomp switch, and just get another lead that bypasses everything? like this?
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
yes there is..please dont reaply if you dont know the answers...there are these things called True Bypass Loop/Looper Pedals (yeah no **** :P)

check them out at loop-master.com
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
What you could do is put an AB switch at the front of your line and an signal mixer at the end of your line, and then connect the pedals all through the A going into one plug on the mixer box and another from B directly to the mixer box, and then when you switched from A to B ALL your pedals would be skipped over in true bypass, though the mixer/splicer boxes obviously aren't true bypass(though they wouldn't really hurt your signal)
The diagram shows an A/B pedal with the two signal paths merging again, but you'd be best off with a looper pedal. It will let you run through a string of effects or just bypass them completely. Check out http://www.loop-master.com/ and look through the looper pedals. Something like this will do the job.
Last edited by jam979 at Jan 27, 2009,
I believe slash uses something that does a true bypass. It's not a pedal, perse, but a series of footswitches, where it connects each of his pedals individually in the order desired, but each pedal is individually attatched to the signal, so only pedals you want on are activated. It's not an AB switch or a bunch of useless wiring. If the pedal is unwanted at that moment, you hit the footswitch for that pedal and it's removed from the signal path. The one issue is that all pedals have to be on at all times .
Still, if i'm wrong, they need something like this. Also, using a hum eliminator works towards cleaning up the signal, if that's what you were looking for
Quote by boxie
I dunno what true bypass is, but couldn't you just make a switch box with a stomp switch, and just get another lead that bypasses everything? like this?

this.
pretty much, an AB/Y box W/ a stereo-mono cable before your amp.
Quote by CityKid
this.
pretty much, an AB/Y box W/ a stereo-mono cable before your amp.

It's just an A/B box, the Y would be pointless. You would never need to use both channels. And that's not a stereo-mono cable, it's a mono splitter. It seems to me that the pedals might send a bit of noise to the amp even when he had them bypassed with this method, but I'm not sure.

His post exactly describes a loop switcher, with either one loop for all the pedals or a loop for each individual pedal, depending on what he wants.
Quote by _Sanitarium_

To the first few replys (you know who you are). Please stop spewing your ignorance, it's contagious.

Yeah. that's the thing i was talking about...lol