Hey, I was just at my local music store trying out some amps. The guy who helped me out suggested a Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 with a Bogner Tube, I really don't know if I said that right. Anyways, he said that he would sell it to me for 60$ a month and he would throw in a free case and pedal board.

My question is, should I go for it? I tried out the amp using my Schecter Hellraiser and I personally really liked it. I play a lot of metal like Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, and some older punk like The Misfits. So I was just wondering what you thought about the amp and if it would be a good deal or if I should go with something else.

Any advice is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!
the entire Spider series has a pretty bad rep around here, although the Spider Valve is considered to be slightly better.

If YOU think it sounds good then by all means go for it, although for around $800(i think thats how much they cost) there are quite a few options especially if you look used.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
how much is it total? Did you play through a lot of amps even those hopelessly out of your budget for comparison? If you tried a lot and still like it I would say go for it. you are probably going to get flamed because it's a line 6 spider so put on your fire suit.

EDIT: ^^^ beat me to it
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Although the Spider Valve series IS better than the regular Spider series, there are still much better amps in that price range.

What is your budget exactly?
Are you willing to buy used?
Total would be around 1000, and that is pretty much my budget. And yes, I would be willing to get a used amp.
do you play alot of metal? If so you might just be able to find a Peavey 6505 used in that price range.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
do you already have a cab or would that need to be included in your budget, if you don't have a cab you would be better off buying a combo, possibly a used Peavey JSX or 5150, or even the 6505+ that is coming out soonif you want better cleans.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by metallica126
I would be getting the head, the cab, a case, and a pedal board for like 1000 bucks.

And you can do better if you look used. Well, depending on where you reside.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Spider Valves aren't bad amps, everyone just hates on them because they're Spiders. If you like it, go for it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I think, after reading this and talking to some people, I'm going to go try a couple amps, probably a Marshall, Peavey and if I can find one a Mesa/Boogie

Thanks for all the help!
if you're looking for the tones i think your looking for, i think you should check out some used peavey XXX's. or ultras or jsx, theyr all fairly similar. but yeah, the spider valve is a bit fizzy for me, and unless your playing at tube-saturation volumes, your just paying for the bogner name and the fact that its tube IMO.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.